At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™, for poor sleep. These fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. And our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health challenges. Today, over 10 million people worldwide have access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US (including Boston Medical, The Hartford, Google, and Home Depot ) and the UK’s NHS.
As our first design systems designer, you will play a key role to make our product experiences more intuitive, accessible, and equitable. You will help define the look and feel of our programs through scalable design components, and advise other designers on visual design, brand consistency, usability, and accessibility.
Join our growing design team, and apply your unique talents to help bring millions back to good mental health!
Big Health is a remote-first company - we are headquartered in San Francisco and have a distributed team across the US and the UK. This role can be based anywhere in the US. Join us!
What you'll do:
- Build up and maintain Big Health’s design systems to support current and future therapeutic programs
- Partner with other designers to create new components on web and mobile, and turn them into reusable patterns
- Improve the visual design, brand consistency, usability, and accessibility of our core experiences
- Collaborate with Product Managers and engineers to create a roadmap for design system improvements
- Conduct user research to uncover usability improvements and new opportunities
- Mentor other designers
- Cultivate a strong design culture within and beyond the Design team to support Big Health’s mission to bring millions back to good mental health
What you bring:
- Excellent design craft in visual design and interaction design
- Ability to come up with a range of design solutions, and articulate the trade-offs between different options
- Comfortable with complex design systems, and able to bring clarity to visual and interaction design challenges
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering beautiful, functional, and accessible design
- Strong communication skills, from writing specs to presenting work
- Collaborative and flexible working style; able to receive, synthesize, and incorporate feedback from designers and engineers, and work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple streams
- A minimum of five years of product design experience
- An online portfolio demonstrating your process, your designs, and the impact of your work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment with experience working with Agile teams
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.