We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Marketing team
Our Marketing team is committed to building the Karat brand and long-term value of the business in order to help achieve revenue and margin targets.
What you will do
As a Senior Director, Product Marketing, you will play a pivotal role in shaping a new product category and will be responsible for managing life cycle marketing of products and services at Karat. In this role, you will lead product/market fit, solution packaging, competitive analysis, thought leadership, messaging, and positioning. You will clearly articulate the value propositions and business benefits and create marketing assets that will drive demand. You will also partner with Sales to enable them to effectively position and sell Karat solutions.
As a player-coach, you will work collaboratively with marketing, executives, product, and sales to establish the Interviewing Cloud category and drive differentiation for Karat in the market.
- Develop and execute the product marketing plan focused on key audiences including enterprise accounts, interview engineers, and candidates to drive growth for the business and customer retention.
- Develop the messaging framework, content plan, and product positioning. Obtain input and alignment on the plans with the senior sales, product, and marketing leadership team.
- Be the expert on market intelligence, including a deep knowledge of our buyer personas, market trends, opportunities and challenges. Translate this knowledge into meaningful value propositions and demand generation opportunities.
- Understand our competition at an expert level and how to position our solutions based on our differentiators. Analyze competitive market dynamics and prioritize opportunities.
- Collaborate with product management to understand the roadmap, new feature/offer plans, and proactively plan for new releases.
- Build sales enablement tools such as battlecards, pitch decks, one-pagers, etc. and support sales training efforts to educate them on the Karat story and our go-to-market strategy.
- Develop, own, and articulate differentiated value propositions, compelling benefits, client outcomes, and the positioning of Karat products and services in the marketplace
- Synthesize client insights derived from quantitative and qualitative customer inputs and insights derived from market and/or competitive research to inform our go-to-market strategy and influence the product roadmap
- Partner with the marketing team, as well as agencies, writers, and contractors to develop collateral, webinars, videos, white papers, sales presentations, and other collateral with consistent messaging and branding.
- Build our customer marketing expertise by turning customers into advocates -- generating case studies, testimonials, customer videos, and other customer-driven marketing and sales assets.
- Support Communications, Public Relations and Analyst Relations activities by providing input and review of relevant materials and aligning content.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to develop content for virtual and physical events.
- Strategize and collaborate with others to drive development of thought leadership content, including authoring pieces of your own and working with external writers.
- Serve as a speaker and product expert as needed at conferences, in customer meetings, internal onboarding, sales training, etc.
- Think boldly about new ways to inspire the market and demonstrate how Karat can help customers transform their technical hiring efficiency and quality
The experience you will bring
- 8+ years in product marketing for strategic enterprise solutions
- Experience with developer solutions/tools and marketing to a technical buyer
- Experience in a fast-growth company defining new categories and services to market is preferred
- Avid learner and listener who has a “tool box” of strategic and tactical product marketing experience
- Have a very high bar for your own work as well as the results of the work you participate in and lead
- Comfortable with owning and delivering on KPIs
- Demonstrated strong writing and communication skills; with a track record of publishing high quality content
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with others in a way that supports and builds company culture, while aiding in the success of the team
- Passionate about the human experience of interviewing and driving fairness and equality into the process
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.