We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised €100m in a Series C funding round. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers, is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
This role is responsible for the product management organisation and the planning and execution of the product strategy across the complete Spendesk suite of products and services.You will work work closely with the Chief Product Officer to formulate the product and business strategy and then lead multiple teams of product leaders to execute that strategy.
You will be responsible for the product roadmap and its delivery, driving business impact across the entire company.You are customer centric in your approach, consistently driving clarity within product and cross-functionally within engineering, design and external partners such as product marketing.You will be able to make critical prioritisation trade-offs and bring clarity to the product management organisation at times of ambiguity and change.
Product Sense and Strategy
- Define and own the entire product roadmap; setting and delivering against OKRs and KPIs in support of company goals.
- Work with the CPO to define the product and business strategy.Deeply understands the customer and market landscape, synthesising inputs across research, customers, marketing, and sales to identify product opportunities and unlock growth.
- Contribute to company-level strategy considerations (e.g., new market opportunities, KPIs and related targets, and product development processes).
- Influence executive team members toward better business outcomes with critical data, customer feedback and prior experience and relevant expertise.
- Balance longer-range opportunities and risks with near-term execution focus.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Strategy in support of product pricing, packaging, and go-to-market execution.
- Collaborate with program management, engineering and design leaders to create processes to equip the entire organisation to deliver impact at high velocity.
- Own delivery and stewardship for the product and platform, representing all of our target customers and geographies.
- Manage stakeholder communication across the entire company and within the executive team.
- Work with Product Marketing leadership to collaboratively define and execute growth strategies integrating product led growth and digital marketing campaign tactics and strategies.
Leadership & Communication
- Recognised by cross-functional teams as an inspiring leader within the company.
- Occasionally lead a major company initiative which extends beyond the product roadmap.
- Communicate compellingly to an internal audience of any size, increasing clarity, alignment and momentum for the company.
- Sets the standard for quality and frequency of written and verbal communication.
- Support team members as needed, providing valuable "translation layer" to cross-functional and executive stakeholders.
- Build and manages a team of GPMs and Senior PMs.
- Raise the quality of work for the entire Product, Design and Engineering organisation.
- Consistently demonstrate conscious management of team members: developing PMs and supporting them on their career paths.
- Identify new market opportunities, build business cases to support investment and then will build and lead a cross-functional team to execute the plan.
What we're looking for
- 10+ years of experience in Product/Project Management working collaboratively with engineering, design and user research teams.
- 5+ years of experience hiring, managing, and developing both individual contributors and senior leaders.
- Proven ability to navigate complex, technical, cross-functional projects from inception to completion.
- Experience working on or closely with a product development team, including knowledge of Agile software development processes.
- Ability to articulate defined strategy and mold consensus across many different stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and projects, with a strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving mindset and ability to dig in to complex topics
- Critical thinking/analytical leadership experience
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences
- Experience in building/leading SaaS or mobile products
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions