Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
To support our ambitious commercial goals as we continue to scale our international journey, our multi-disciplinary Creative Studio is looking for a Senior Brand Designer in our Milan office. You’ll be an advocate of the team’s mission of building a bold, distinctive brand identity bringing our visual brand to life across the business ensuring high standards that’s felt throughout the customer experience.
We’re currently looking to elevate our international brand by bringing a dimension of momentum and energy across all digital platforms, and that’s where you come in. Utilising your wealth of experience in digital marketing, you will be working with (and developing) brand guidelines and taking core brand elements to the next level in generating highly effective creative assets in a variety of formats – boosting any projects using a combination of type, layout, photography, motion, and video.
Delivery is everything in this role. You’ll have a keen eye for detail for commercial-driven design work for our B2C growth marketing as well as other business areas such as internal and corporate communications. We strongly believe in the power of collaboration and critiquing each other’s work to generate, test new ideas and explore briefs in different ways. This role reports directly into the Lead Brand Designer and you will also be responsible for developing and growing further talent within the creative team.
This is a truly career defining role where you’ll play an influential role in our expansion into Europe. There is no better time to join us in disrupting and defining our brand as we focus on changing the way people travel. If passion for creating elegant design is your mantra, please read on!
We are looking for creative big thinkers with small egos with strong, hands-on experience spanning design, static/motion graphics, typography, and videography. You are a great communicator able to collaborate and partner with planners, copywriters, content, marketing, and the wider creative team. You are obsessed with elegance and quality but understand that great design ships on time.
You’ll find innovative ways to unpick briefs building concepts to delivery using a wide range of methods and formats (static, motion graphic, video etc). You’ll work with the Head of Creative and build strong relationships with the to develop Trainline’s creative brand direction. Where there is an opportunity, you’ll identify areas to optimise assets through creative testing and experimentation, balancing the need for brand consistency with enhancing performance. You’ll drive high standards of design and provide guidance and mentoring to other designers and freelancers with the Creative Team.
The challenge before the team is immense and exciting, but you will need to bring a roll-your-sleeves-up-and-do-whatever-it-takes mentality. We work at pace, and so you must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, pressurised environment whilst adopting a ‘fail fast, learn faster’ approach to deliver creative, ground-breaking work.
Experience (not all mandatory)
- A strong portfolio of predominately digital design work
- Full fluency in Italian or native-Italian speaker
- Experienced at delivering creative solutions and assets for a variety of digital formats (motion and static, paid and organic social, display advertising, email, landing pages, OOH, presentation decks)
- Previous experience designing for specific performance marketing channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Display) and understanding of best practice
- Previous line management
- Highly skilled user of Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Experience using Figma or Sketch
- You have previously worked directly with marketing teams
- You have managed your own time against requests and can give accurate delivery expectations against set briefs
- You are able to see your design work within the context of the ‘bigger picture’, selecting the most appropriate solution in response to a given task
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management skills with a background in building productive working relationships across multiple teams
- Experienced in following and developing art direction guidelines and selecting stock photography / video
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and inspire others
- Excellent attention to detail
- A working knowledge of HTML5, or experience in delivering files ready for handover to HTML5 development
- Evidence of a working in a test and learn environment
- Previous experience designing for the App and Play Stores
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.