GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
At GitLab, Senior Brand Designers are responsible for ensuring strategic, seamless experiences. They work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to elevate our global brand and optimize the customer journey end-to-end. In this role, you will report to the Director of Brand.
What you'll do in this role
- Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand (illustrations, icons, colors, typography, animations, etc.).
- Educate others on design thinking, brand experience, and design-driven storytelling.
- Collaborate with Content Marketing, and others, to establish a clear and concise brand voice, tone, and personality.
- Collaborate with UX Design to create and maintain a cohesive and consistent brand experience between Marketing and Product.
- Continually iterate on concepts in an effort to make the brand relevant and relatable to our audience(s).
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across various projects.
- Develop visual concepts for digital campaigns, webpages, print, and events.
- Enable others, non-designers, to create on-brand assets.
- Actively contribute to GitLab's Brand Standards.
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with peers and stakeholders.
- Lead cross-discipline collaboration as it relates to brand experience (Sales, Content, Product, etc.).
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience.
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media.
- Facilitate iterative and inclusive design process end-to-end within deadlines.
- Effectively present ideas to clients/team members.
- Stay on top of brand, design, media and conversion best practices.
- Be an advocate for design; educating and enabling others to create on-brand experiences.
We're looking for
- 7 years agency experience (marketing, design or advertising), or on a design team at a technology company.
- Proven experience designing strategic omni-channel experiences at an agency or technology company. SaaS experience preferred.
- Must be fluent in brand, marketing and design principles and best practices.
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, photography, and more.
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma.
- Demonstrable design thinking and execution skills with a strong portfolio.
- The ability to incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- A team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- BA/BS in design, communications, marketing, HCI, or related experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to independently conceptualize and think critically about design.
- Effective communication for conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Engagement in constructive design critiques.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication.
- A shared interest our values, and working in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab.
- Project or product management experience.
- Product marketing experience.
- Knowledge of Git and/or GitLab.
- Technology marketing experience.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator.
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $77,300 - $135,800 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits
. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.