Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth. We’re looking for a Senior Brand Design Manager to help us scale our Marketing engine. This is a unique opportunity to own and evolve Relay’s visual brand storytelling to accelerate our growth with U.S. small businesses.
Joining Relay, means an opportunity to make a huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and solving real customer problems, we want to hear from you! Please note that we are a hybrid environment and choose to collaborate in the office twice a week.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own and evolve Relay’s visual brand while ensuring all visual assets align with our brand and have a high caliber of quality
- Lead the design strategy of all assets across marketing initiatives
- Measure the impact of your brand designs in the market and understand how the assets (landing pages, emails, etc.) drive conversions and business growth
- Work as an integrated leader within the marketing team, collaborating closely with Content, Growth, and Events team members to get campaigns and materials to market
- Build, grow, and lead a team of full-time and freelance designers
- Be responsible for managing the design pipeline of multiple, concurrent projects to meet deadlines and drive on-brand results for the Marketing Team
- Design a wide variety of visual assets, from web pages, blog illustrations, video direction, ads to print collateral, sales enablement PDFs, collateral and booth design for trade shows, and beyond
- Support our Sales and Product teams by providing design input and visual assets as needed
- Deeply learn our customers and market to ensure all visual assets align with our brand values and customer personas
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of design experience across a wide variety of formats
- You are passionate about design and have an inspiring portfolio that backs up your ability to design in a variety of formats, including print and online
- You consider yourself a resident expert in one of the major design platforms (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
- You are impact-oriented, you care deeply about impacting the growth of Relay’s business through our marketing funnel as much as you love designing beautiful things
- You take pride in your ability to research the customers your designs are catered to, from this research you understand their pain points, and operations to include in your design strategy
- You are a builder who is energized by working in a fast-paced, scrappy environment
- You are collaborative, you seek out and appreciate feedback on your work, and thrive in team-based environments
- You are incredibly organized and have the ability to manage multiple concurrent deadlines at once
- You are passionate about leading a team and have led a small team of designers or freelancers to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work
- You have skills in illustration or front-end web development
- You have editorial design experience
- You have a demonstrated ability to contribute to growth outcomes through design work
- You have experience working at a startup or high-growth environment
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- 3 weeks vacation + end of year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your fury friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’re a Mac environment and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the People Team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Director of Brand
- Stage 3: A take-home case study + writing sample related to brand design, followed by a 1-hour presentation of your solution to our Marketing team
- Stage 4: A 1-hour Google Meets video call with the CEO of Relay
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway, and together we'll figure out if this is the best role for you!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.