As Product Operations Specialist on the Supply Operations team, you will provide scaled support to our airline partners and our Business Development team. You will serve as a product expert to answer stakeholder questions, identify and diagnose bugs and needed product features, and work with Product and Development teams to advocate for those fixes and features. You will also work directly with airlines to scope new content launches often serving as the primary point of contact on these initiatives. You will be a confident investigator able to quickly identify root causes of issues while providing exceptional customer service to our more valued business partners. This role is very much a hybrid of Operations and Customer Success and we are looking for someone who can excel at both.
This position requires a highly analytical and self-driven individual who can successfully manage multiple shifting priorities and juggle multiple projects at once. The ideal candidate is a competent self-starter who stays cool under pressure, has an eye for detail, and enjoys the challenge of learning to understand systems and products that they may not already be familiar with.
- Be a subject matter expert in navigating our booking environments and answering stakeholder questions related to bugs, missing content, and new product launches.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Hopper’s Business Development team.
- Liaise directly with stakeholders at our Airline partners, providing exceptional service.
- Answer questions regarding product issues and features that our partners have.
- Help partners troubleshoot bugs within the Hopper platform and advocate for fixes.
- Provide ad hoc GDS/provider support for the BD team, including conducting regular fare checks for our airline content.
- Have a direct impact on the Hopper Product roadmap by defining needed changes.
- Support Business Development teams with fare checks and testing.
- Serve as the main Hopper representative for new content and feature launches.
- Serve as an incident manager as needed for high-impact outages and product issues.
- Work with product and engineering teams to strategize solutions to known bugs, create tickets to report said bugs, and test fixes once implemented.
- Run tests in the app environment to validate partner issues.
- Maintain high-quality documentation of systems, processes, and settings.
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth.
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions.
- Resilient attitude, ability to stay on your toes and move with any changes that may come your way.
- Drive to work autonomously, take initiative to research and analyze problems, find solutions, and communicate with stakeholders.
- Customer, team & company player. Take on delegated tasks with enthusiasm towards the greater good of the company.
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems.
- Strong organizational skills in order to stay on top of multiple tasks at once.
- Experience in Customer Success or Account Management preferred.
- Experience in the travel industry, especially air travel, GDS, and ticketing systems is expected.
- Deep domain knowledge in air shopping and booking providers (Sabre, Travelport, Amadeus, NDC, SPRK, FLX, ARC, BSP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in Product Operations working with Product teams and Engineering teams preferred
- Experience with operation tools like Jira, Confluence, Amplitude, Datadog, Google Sheets.
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!