The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more - come and join us!
We're looking for a brilliant product marketer to evangelise Primer.
Working closely with our Product, Business Development and Partnership teams, you'll build and scale the playbook for how we prioritise, position, and promote our huge range of products and partners.
During your first 90 days, you'll be learning the market, the product, and meeting the customers, team, and partners to orientate you before building out your vision and plan for what product marketing will become.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating closely with product managers on the roadmap to plan for product launches
- Developing the overall positioning and messaging for Primer to resonate with target audiences
- Leading and implementing campaign strategy in partnership with wider marketing organisation
- Managing the marketing strategy and communications for internal and external product announcements
- Supporting sales enablement with collaterals, product training and evangelisation
- Partnering closely with product management on decisions related to items such as product roadmap, feature design, and launches
- Collaborating with content, customer success and business development teams to produce customer stories, quotes and case studies
- Developing engaging customer-centric content in partnership with the content team, including blogs, webinars, presentations, and speaking engagements
- Researching and distilling insights from merchants, developers, partners, and competitors into Primer
- Drawing alignment and sustained momentum with our product and commercial teams
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years proven experience in product marketing or another relevant position within tech companies selling products at the early stages of the product life cycle
- Proven experience constructing positioning narratives, successfully launching products, and supporting sales, marketing and customer success functions
- Experience collaborating with external partners and producing effective go-to-market programs together
- Strong commercial instincts, know what and how to prioritise
- A track record for seizing the initiative and leading by example
- A passion for great products, and the product marketing discipline as a means to get there
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like 🌍
Competitive share options 📈
Unlimited holiday ✈️
Co-working space access 🗣
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events 🥳
Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing! 🖥
Additional £500 towards your home office setup 🪴
Unlimited learning budget 🧠
Medical insurance via SafetyWings 🩺
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, health insurance etc.