Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join the fast-growing, global Ecosystem team.
Our developer and app partner ecosystem is a key strategic asset to Xero, and one of the largest marketplaces for business apps in the world. It connects millions of small business customers and their advisors to over 1000 app partners and financial services in the Xero App Store, and tens of thousands users of the Xero API who build value added integrations on the Xero platform. The Ecosystem is a group of product, marketing and tech teams, committed to delivering experiences and value that support our developer and app partners to improve the lives of our shared customers, reach more of them and to grow with Xero.
You will be the product marketing lead for App Partner Experience, responsible for attracting, onboarding and enabling app partnerships in the Xero App Store. You will ensure we have an onboarding and partner experience to attract and retain app partners, and that Xero-built integrations are adopted well by small businesses and advisors.
As a Product Marketing Manager in the Ecosystem you will lead go-to-market strategies for our products, delivering commercially sound propositions with impactful positioning and messaging that shine a light on the value of the platform. You’ll be curious, quickly becoming the go-to expert and growing a deep understanding of the different audiences leveraging the Xero API. You will create enablement to arm Xeros with the information they need to effectively deliver new products into the hands of our community, and, using data and feedback loops, you’ll continue to drive product adoption and utilisation, enhancing experiences well beyond launch.
This role will be based in either Auckland or Wellington.
What you’ll do:
• Lead go-to-market activities for Ecosystem products from strategy to execution in partnership with Product Managers and be the glue between marketing, product and the rest of the go-to-market team.
• Use research insights, internal data and market research to develop compelling value propositions, messaging, pricing and packaging to differentiate your products in market.
• Own the development and end to end delivery of product positioning and messaging, including developing key positioning documentation, relevant website copy, newsletter content, partner materials, product informs and support materials.
• Work closely with customers, partners, product managers, data, design, research, engineering teams and other stakeholders to undertake customer and competitor research and form a deep understanding of customer problems, uncover new product value propositions in line with the Ecosystem vision, help influence product requirements, prioritise market needs and communicate the product roadmap.
• Lead through influence, building rapport and with senior stakeholders to get buy-in and ensure Ecosystem objectives are prioritised in go-to-market plans and key programs of work.
• Evangelise the Xero Ecosystem, developers and app partners and support other teams to understand the importance of a frictionless and engaging developer and partner experience to the overall success of Xero’s platform strategy.
What you’ll bring:
• Five+ years product marketing or product management experience in a technology company.
• Proven experience in the development of product strategy, value propositions and messaging.
• A solid track record launching technology products in an agile environment, working closely with Product Managers and development teams
• Highly commercial, data driven marketer with demonstrable experience building adoption strategies based on customer data and insights, resulting in maximum feature uptake.
• Highly collaborative, self-motivated team player with loads of initiative and the ability to work autonomously as part of a geographically dispersed team
• Ability to build strong relationships that enable you to challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to manage the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced tech environment.
• Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate value to sales teams, customers, industry influencers and journalists.
• Experience working with sales, channel and CX teams, driving effectiveness through enablement programmes or resources.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.