At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnest’s culture is as dynamic as the products we’re building and defining every day. We’re a fast-growing company, and that means we’re constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will act as the pivotal liaison between the Product and Marketing teams, to ensure that Earnest effectively conveys our most compelling value propositions to our diverse spectrum of customers.You’ll own building out and bringing to life our differentiated product messaging strategies and execute on these across all products. You’ll also work cross-functionally to achieve strategic business goals and be responsible for the tracking and optimization of product marketing budgets and KPIs. This is a unique opportunity for an agile and strategic marketer to be very hands-on in creating messages, programs, and content targeted at key customer personas to drive product performance.
What you’ll do:
- Through research and testing, develop go-to-market strategies, including product positioning, customer segmentation and targeting, creative messaging, and marketing campaigns at all stages of the funnel
- Seamlessly bridge the gap between Product Managers and the Marketing team, to ensure that the right product features, audiences, and goals are prioritized throughout the Marketing journey
- Be the authority on our prospects and customers (and who they are), our products (and why they’re different), and our business strategies (and what sets us apart from our competitors). Partner with the Research, Analytics, Client Happiness, and Product teams to assess customer needs through surveys, interviews, analysis of product usage.
- Leverage your understanding of our clients to propose new messaging, marketing channels and tactics for growing across our products
- Collaborate with marketing channel owners to develop A/B testing of messaging across channels to both optimize current campaigns and refine our understanding of Earnest’s value proposition and hierarchy of messaging; own A/B testing of messaging on the Earnest web platform
- Serve as a marketing business owner to manage and optimize budgets and critical KPIs over the life of campaigns
- Lead the effort to build bridges between Earnest products and work with internal product General Managers and the Lifecycle Marketing team to develop and execute thoughtful cross-selling strategies and campaigns across multiple channels
- Manage internal and external resources to develop copy and creative
- Become an expert on key competitors and the lending environment and consistently share and leverage observations, learnings, and implications
- 5+ years in a combination of Product / Growth / Lifecycle Marketing roles and / or Strategic Marketing consulting roles; fintech and consumer lending experience a plus
- Highly structured, data-driven problem solver; able to work in fast-paced, cross-functional environment and be agile to meet product and business needs; willing to wear multiple hats to support product needs
- Experience working with A/B testing teams to rapidly test across an organized spectrum of product positioning themes, use results to inform constant iteration, and communicate post-campaign analyses to relevant stakeholders; experience utilizing market research for the same goals also acceptable
- Experience developing creative briefs and managing individual creative resources as well as agencies
- Savvy communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear and compelling messaging to convey product narratives to different audiences, including concise communications to leadership teams for executive buy-in
- Experience working with Product, Design, and Marketing teams to optimize the brand voice across the funnel and end-to-end customer experience
- Intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
A little about our pay philosophy: We take pride in ensuring we are compensating our employees fairly and equitably. We are showcasing a range and actual starting pay may be based on several factors including but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate location, and budgetary constraints. This number does not necessarily reflect your total compensation, but is a range for your base salary.