Talk Verticals is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for creators across Podcasts, Video and Live.
As the Product Marketing Lead, Talk Verticals, you will work alongside a set of diverse teams within Talk Mission– including product, engineering, insights, strategy, and marketing– and beyond, including product marketing teams in other missions, to shape the future of audio creation.
This is a high-impact role on a nimble team, and offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on our rapidly growing audio creator space.
What you'll do
- Lead, manage, and grow a high-performing nimble team of product marketers.
- Partner with a broad and global cross-functional team including senior leads in Marketing, Product, Insights and Engineering to drive multi-year product strategies that span product ideation, launch, and growth.
- Lead your team by example and take responsibility for high impact projects that drive impact within our global Talk business.
- Manage your teams using the right balance of operational rigor and creative freedom to enable each individual to thrive.
- Influence at the most senior levels of our Talk Mission and beyond.
Who you are
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including experience directly managing high performing teams of product marketers.
- A natural leader who can take ambiguous problems, define a path using data and inputs from a diverse set of partners, and then inspire others to take action. Your track record shows numerous occasions of bringing people together to accomplish something you’re passionate about.
- You are an accomplished people manager who has proven that you can influence your team to grow and deliver at a high quality and with efficiency.
- You’re a strategic thinker, comfortable operating within a fast-paced, complex environment and using data to calibrate your decisions. You enjoy taking initiative to turn a business challenge into a plan to drive growth.
- You know what it takes to drive adoption impact through product launches and growth and can mentor your team to define and consistently hit adoption targets.
- Highly collaborative and cross functional, and know how to build and wield informal influence to drive others to take an action. You have a clear point of view, strong communication skills, and proactively and confidently influence senior management and product leaders.
- Bonus: Passion for or experience with the creator economy and audio space
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours: https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For NYC, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties.For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.