We started Ambrook (ambrook.com) with a mission to help farmers become more profitable and more sustainable. There is a virtuous cycle between profitability and sustainability in many natural resource industries, especially agriculture. Better soil health, water conservation, and climate resilience often leads to lower costs, increased yields, and price premiums for crops or livestock in the market. To reduce the upfront cost and knowledge barriers to implementing these practices, we are tackling an overlooked part of the operation: back office paperwork and financials. There’s tremendous room for improvement on existing software and time-consuming paperwork shuffling in the farm back office. Over time, we’ll expand beyond agriculture to drive sustainable practices in other natural resource industries: fisheries, forestry, water, energy, mining, and more.
We’re a Series A startup backed by top investors (Thrive Capital, Homebrew, Designer Fund, BoxGroup, and more) and are looking for mission- and values-aligned individuals to join our fully remote founding team.
about our mission and what it’s like to work with us.
Ambrook is building a world-class team. As a founding member of the marketing team, you will craft a compelling brand and messaging strategy for Ambrook and drive product marketing efforts for Ambrook’s core product portfolio, with the goal of making agriculture more sustainable and profitable for farmers and ranchers.
We’re looking for someone who we can count on to…
- Own: Product marketing (product marketing, marketing strategy, sales enablement)
- Teach: Best practices in product marketing.
- Learn: Ins and outs of building an agrifinance and climate tech company, including the nitty gritty of agricultural bookkeeping, the larger farm finance ecosystem, and natural resource management / ESG tie-ins.
- Improve: Existing marketing strategy, brand voice and copy across all communication channels, and sales engagement strategy.
Within 1 month you'll...
- Learn how to use internal tools and customize them to meet your needs (see GTM Stack below).
- Familiarize yourself with Ambrook’s product and our research notes and recording repository from user onboarding calls and customer discovery interviews.
- Embed yourself deeply in understanding the state of farm finance, building a strong intuition about customer needs and audience segmentation.
- Audit copywriting across websites, email campaigns, advertising, and editorial publications.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop and implement strategies to reach larger producers upmarket as design partners.
- Participate in inbound meetings with producers.
Within 3 months you'll...
- Collaborate with Product team to influence prioritization of feature ideas and requests with insights from our audience.
- Plan and execute content marketing efforts with Ambrook Research.
- Craft email drip campaigns to keep our large community of users continuously engaged and getting value from Ambrook resources.
- Create guidelines to maintain a consistent brand voice in collaboration with Design team.
- Create top-of-funnel resources with Design and Engineering to boost product-driven growth and tap new user segments.
- Coordinate advertising campaigns, experiments, and ongoing conversion improvements with Growth contractor.
Within 6 months you'll...
- Collaborate to design and execute improvements to our GTM and sales enablement tooling, building new processes and onboarding our team to them.
- Champion a culture of experimentation and learning from our community in the broader team.
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by evaluating / interviewing candidates.
Within 12 months you'll...
- Work with agtech partners to distribute or promote our tools to new segments.
- Implement a comprehensive, forward-looking brand voice and marketing strategy.
Our GTM Stack
- Zendesk, Airtable for customer relationship management
- Zendesk Support, Dialpad, Dovetail, Otter for customer success and customer discovery
- Sanity for content publishing
- Facebook Business, Google Search for advertising
- Segment, Google Analytics, Metabase, Data Studio, BigQuery, LogRocket for analytics
- Retool, Zapier, Google Workspace for internal tooling
- Courier, Mailchimp, Mandrill, Twilio, Expo for communications
- Reach Understanding – We are driven by curiosity and empathy to learn about our customers, team, and world.
- Real Talk – We create space for ourselves and others to be straightforward, vulnerable, and accountable.
- Be Proactively Resourceful – We are internally motivated and externally empowered to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Derisk Thoughtfully – We lean into the biggest risks we face as a company and put in the work to address them systematically.
- Find the Positive-Sum – We believe in creating incentive structures that align the needs of our company, our customers, and our planet.