We are building a virtual universe which fundamentally improves how people interact online.
Today, that means a powerful remote-social platform. We already have people working out of our office spaces, attending our virtual conferences, or going to school on our campus spaces. We have folks hosting everything from magic conventions to artist EP launches to Thanksgiving dinners, and even a few weddings.
The mission of Gather is to remove physical constraints on peoples' lives, and provide a virtual world which surpasses the real one in interconnectedness, personal touch, and expressiveness.
The Gather team is quickly expanding to meet the needs of our growing user base, and we are now looking to hire a Product Marketer! In this role, you will be using your storytelling abilities, raw hustle, and analytical mind to bring more citizens to Gather’s open metaverse.
Nowadays, people are both more connected than ever and located further and further apart. Hybrids of virtual and physical offices and events are becoming more common. Many people have not learned how to use virtual spaces in a way that provides richer overall experiences. This is where you come in!
Discovery is easy. Adoption is key.
From seeing the possibilities to understanding the limitations, you will be working cross-functionally to develop materials to improve overall user education and engagement. You'll have the opportunity to flex your creative skills and dive deep into the data to understand what does and doesn’t work.
- Understand the Market - Become an expert on our customers' goals, needs, and behaviors. Research the competitive landscape and refine our product positioning based on trends.
- Develop Product Messaging - Help craft and standardize messaging and branding guidelines in collaboration with the product and design team to guide and influence web, social, collateral, and campaign content.
- Create and Review Content - Translate complex topics into client-centric, easy-to-understand, and differentiated material. You will deliver or work with agencies, influencers, and other vendors to create compelling content ranging from (but not limited to) case studies, social media content, blogs, and white papers to web copy, newsletters, and video walkthroughs.
- Improve Sales Enablement - Create engaging product demo stories, develop tools to improve onboarding, and train sales staff on when and how to use those tools.
- Validate Success - Develop pre-analyses and data-backed KPIs to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, enablement materials, and experiments in product positioning and messaging.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 1-5 years of experience in marketing, product, or broader tech (note that your experience is less important than your desire to learn on a fast-moving team building at the seam of the future!)
- Strong understanding of audience segmentation and communication channels for specific collateral and audiences
- Passion for marketing and how it can help users achieve their goals
- Refined project management and organization skills, with the ability to simultaneously self-manage multiple projects, campaigns, and content contributors against shifting priorities
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot & web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.)
- Experience with social networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Familiarity with creative tasks and tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Figma, Lightroom, etc.)
- High-growth tech industry experience
- Experience developing and working with content creation agencies and other vendors
- Background in design and/or copywriting
- Paid Performance Marketing experience
- Passion to create more meaningful connections in the world
- A portfolio that demonstrates a solid understanding of marketing principles
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.