Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Business Systems team, you will work cross-functionally with users, business stakeholders and engineers to make our sales transactional systems and tools environment dynamic, intuitive and easy to use. You will own the end to end feature set, user experience, roadmap and strategic decisions for the tools that allows the company to go to market, execute and fulfill orders, and recognize revenue. You will own the experience for nearly 1,500 users as they interact and process millions of datapoints through our system. You will be the key-master for all things frontend with our internal products, understanding key pain points while reviewing and creating designs to help us scale quickly and efficiently. We believe that clean, intuitive and efficient systems are a crucial piece of our ability to scale at a rapid pace. This is a hybrid role between User experience / design and core product management.
- Work with users, business stakeholders and software engineers to make our internal systems and tools intuitive and very easy to use. These systems handle a lot of complex processes, but the user experience needs to be at the forefront of new development.
- Partner with other product managers within the team to develop Figma mockups and workflows.
- Conduct user testing to refine and validate workflows, concepts, and processes.
- Develop, own and understand business problems and design /implement easy to use systems.
- Own the process for how new processes and fields are added into our CRM, fulfillment, partner portal and finance systems to ensure the user experience is maintained and complexity is minimized.
- Own the roadmap and prioritization of various workflows and systems development.
- Constantly strive to root out all inefficiencies with our existing tools, writing specifications on how developers can improve on them.
- Design workflows and experiences that will make our users excited to use them again and again.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Resilience - You will stop at nothing to make our tools the best they can be.
- Detail-oriented - You think critically about challenges and design efficient and effective solutions.
- Proactive - You act without being told what to do. You bring new ideas to the company each and every day.
- Meticulous - A single extra field or necessary click bothers you if it doesn’t have a clear purpose.
- Team Player - You know how to communicate well with a variety of stakeholders and can work as a team to get your designs implemented.
- Proficiency in systems user experience design.
- Prior tech company or startup experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in industry or similar role
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $105,000 – 180,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.