About the company
At Divvy, Our vision is to become the modern software bank for business of every small-to-medium business in America. Our FREE financial SaaS platform enables businesses to spend smarter by providing instant insight and transparency into company-wide spend and the ability to easily manage it; all in real-time! (+ many more features!)
In June 2021, Divvy joined forces with Bill.com through a $2.5 billion dollar acquisition, validating our mission to build the one-stop-shop for business finances. With 500+ mission-driven employees and extreme monthly growth, we’re well on our way.
*All positions at Divvy are eligible for remote work - within the United States*
About The Role
We are building a world-class product team, and mean that literally: we want to be one of the best product teams in the world. This means we invest a significant amount of energy into training every PM on our core product principles (CPPs) and PM operating principles (PMOPs) to ensure we operate at a world-class level. We ask a lot out of our PMs, but if you’re the right fit, you wouldn’t have it any other way.
As Divvy’s Underwriting Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for making sure we give the right amount of credit to business to meet their needs and manage Divvy's risk. You'll lead an incredible cross-functional team in identifying which new data sources we should add and integrating them into our decision making process for new and existing customers, as well as owning the customer experience around getting and maintaining a credit line. The ideal product manager for this role is probably much more analytical and technical than your typical product manager.
Who We're Looking For
- People who have shipped world-class software experiences, likely from top-tier startups or mid-size software companies as a top performer. Your team would hate to lose you. Especially the engineering lead and design lead with whom you work most closely.
- An instinctive ability to build empathy with customers and glean insights from customer interviews. We believe you can’t ship delightful software until you truly love your customer. And you can’t truly love your customer unless you feel their pain and obsess over serving them.
- Product judgment and taste with fluency in metrics and data. You know what a delightful experience looks like, and you aren’t happy until you ship it, but you can also define clear success metrics and use data to inform your judgment.
- Expert communication, both verbally and written. You can point to specific examples of complex situations that you’ve navigated with your ability to communicate.
- High tolerance for -- but an aggressive instinct to remove - extreme ambiguity. The more clarity you can give engineers and designers, the more confident they’ll be and the quicker they’ll move.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and to dive into details. Product Managers are not above the hard work; they do the hard work: meeting notes, task organization, or anything else is not beneath you. If there’s a leaky faucet or a clogged pipe, the PM fixes it.
- An ability to think strategically and drive business results. Not only will you fix pipes, but you’ll drive some of our most important strategic decisions. If you can’t do both, it’s not a good fit.
What You'll Be Doing
- Ship quality, delightful software. Quickly.
- Partner closely with engineers, designers, product marketing, sales, business development, customer success, customer support, risk, and finance to ensure our clients are at the center of everything we build and that they’re delighted by our work.
- Own and prioritize a roadmap to balance both exploring new products and exploiting existing products.
- Regularly present to executives in product reviews on progress, key decisions, and client insights.
- Many, many, ...many other things.
- 3+ years product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical degree preferred
- Experience in end to end product management process from R&D to Product Delivery
- Experience presenting to Board Members and/or Executive Team (strong leadership and interpersonal skills)
- Experience identifying various business problems or product flaws and coming up with creative solutions
- Passion for conceiving, creating and designing useful, innovative products
At Divvy, we’ve been intentional in designing scalable benefits, rewards, and perks that meet our workforce where they are while managing expectations as we scale. Just as pay parity was foundational for us in base salary, and remains our commitment and priority, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Divvy, you’ll enjoy:
•Health insurance premiums for all Full-Time employees covered at 100%
•Stock grants for salaried employees
•Unlimited PTO for Full-Time employees / Accrued PTO for Part-Time/Hourly employees
•FlexWork - you choose how you work whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in-office, or some combination of the two
•12 weeks paid parental leave for all Full-Time employees
Perks are nice, but perks don’t make a company or individual successful - the work does. At Divvy, we’re building the financial nervous system of business - faster, better, smarter, and the work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams while feeling well supported in our benefits.
**We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.**