Product Manager - ServiceNow - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
As part of the Deliveroo Enterprise Technology group the all new ServiceNow team conceives, designs, builds and sustains ServiceNow-based offerings enabling Deliveroo’s internal teams globally be successful. As a group we are embracing Lean thinking to product strategy and development.
This Product Manager role is a strategic role focussed on coordinating and aligning individuals and teams around common goals enabling the direction of products and services, including user experience, platform, and costs.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for establishing and proactively developing our strategy & roadmaps for ServiceNow, having a substantial impact Deliveroo-wide. You’ll work to coordinate key decisions, work out any disagreements, break ties and get everyone to commit to a plan we can all agree on. The role principally covers ServiceNow as the core platform but may offer the opportunity and expectation to work with the related Service Management products.
You will be the go-to person for insight into ServiceNow and will act as an enabler of information between the technical team and stakeholders.
This is not an ivory tower role – all of this will be done in close collaboration with the rest of the ServiceNow engineering Team. You’ll need to be a great communicator and influencer who can build an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all the members of the team, all with the shared goal of driving your products forward.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establishing credibility for yourself and domain while fostering visible Lean Product Management principles and practices including prioritising Customer problem roadmaps over features, valuing data-driven experiments over assumptions, idea generation and collaboration over solution mandates
- In close partnership with - your peer - the ServiceNow Engineering Manager and stakeholders define, drive and deliver the ServiceNow vision, strategy and roadmaps.
- Drive and consult on key business initiatives, enabled through new or existing applications and technologies.
- In partnership with Engineering lead the design, development and implementation of solutions to meet business needs including change, test and release management. Develop change management approaches to promote adoption of new features and applications.
- Plan, manage and deliver (up to) large complex initiatives with significant impact which involve new features or modules, process design or improvement, test and change management, optimisation etc.
- Consistently ensure delivery of high quality product from self and others against unstructured, high priority, and challenging problem areas.
- Serve as a bridge and work extremely closely with business colleagues for all ServiceNow related initiatives, helping to prioritise, develop and refine business questions, and assign appropriate resources.
- Visibly deliver value early and often
- Be the “go to” and represent, interface and engage with the customer
- Seek and act upon feedback from all stakeholders and product consumers.
- Produce and maintain high-quality documentation, designs, presentations, and plans
- Own the strategic roadmap and portfolio, managing dependencies and deliverables, in partnership with engineers and delivery leads.
- You live and breathe ServiceNow.
- Recognised as having deep expertise across Product Management and ServiceNow
- Knowledgeable and confident practitioner and promoter of Lean and Agile practices
- Confident in effective stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organisation – subject matter experts, functional leads, C-Suite - and going beyond transactional interactions including modeling best practices for handling difficult interpersonal situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent ability to effectively frame complex problems, prioritise and structure work, develop and present proposals and reports backed with analysed and visualised data
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation
- An ability to mobilise the team and counterparts around strategy and tactical steps.
- In-depth expertise with some of the following:
- ITSM / ITIL
- IT Operations Management
- Asset Management
- Other ServiceNow modules
- Commercially astute with a proven track record of understanding business domains with risk analysis in unclear situations, and nurturing this ability in others.
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of influence and partnership without direct authority over people
- Experience in estimating the value of software features, and in cost-benefit analysis and constructing business cases
- Solid understanding of cost models