Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we do things differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s leading online flower company, and the UK’s fastest growing ecommerce company according to the Financial Times, growing at +100%.
In January 2021 we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), alongside other top tier investors including Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, boomon and Bergamotte, having acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Product at Bloom & Wild
The role of the product team at Bloom & Wild is to create value for our customers and for Bloom & Wild by developing user-facing (e.g. website, apps) and internal digital products (e.g. warehouse technologies). We are a team of 16 people including Product Managers, Product Designers and Product/Design Operations Managers who report to the Chief Product Officer with a team located in London, Amsterdam and fully remote. Over 70% of our Product team identify as female.
We have 7 squads that work in fortnightly sprints to deliver outcome focussed quarterly OKRs. Each of these squads is responsible for all the strategic decision making within their Product area with an associated Product Manager.
The role and ways of working
As a Product Manager in the Range & Logistics domain, you will ensure that we build internal systems that will allow our range to grow and evolve as well as allow our beautiful products to be delivered on time and bring delight to our customers. This is particularly important as we extend our range beyond flowers to include a wider range of gifts such as candles, diffusers, fragrances and hampers.
You’ll do this by owning our internal range and delivery systems and ensuring that they can scale to deliver our stretching business goals. We are a rapidly growing, international business and you will need to balance high levels of ambiguity and autonomy whilst solving some of our biggest operational challenges.
You will work with stakeholders across the business, including our Range, Logistics and Warehouse Operations Teams to identify, prioritise and develop solutions to our range expansion challenges, from representation and management of more complex products to accurate, scalable and flexible stock management, as well as our logistics challenges, from carrier onboarding to tracking accuracy and reporting.
As we grow our company (in terms of the volume of our customers, our product range and the countries we are active in), we need systems that will grow and evolve with us. This will involve optimising existing systems, like stock management, to make sure we don’t oversell and that we are optimising for low waste and optimal product availability, as well as implementing or integrating with new systems that improve our ways of working.
Looking toward automation and efficiency, we are looking for a new colleague who is passionate about operational excellence. With the help of the product team, this role is a great opportunity to hone your product skills and work with a varied range of stakeholders.
You will help define and lead the product roadmap that will support our growth aspirations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proactively engage stakeholders to collaboratively identify, prioritise and solve the most important customer and business problems
- Creating a Range & Logistics product roadmap and shaping quarterly OKRs to enable the scaling of our business
- Understanding the impact our range and logistics tools have on creating an outstanding customer experience, by using quantitative and qualitative data
- Collaborating with our production and fulfilment teams by following and taking part in their processes to see the opportunities for improvement
- With a squad technical lead, leading a squad of 5 colleagues to improve our Range and Logistics management systems
- Supporting the launch of new geographies and expanded product ranges
- Gather best practices and keep track of technologies and software solutions of third parties that can help in driving the B&W Group’s smarter range and logistics tooling (like a PIM)
- Communicating regular product updates to leadership and the wider business
- Collaborating with the data science team to build data-driven system
- 1-2 years of proven experience working as a Product Manager/(Technical) Product Owner
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Outcome focussed with the ability to drive meaningful business results
- Proven ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders to unlock value
- A pragmatic and agile approach to delivering value
- Naturally curious and user-centric
- A collaborative approach to solving problems
- Structured thinking and data-driven approach
- Ability to communicate complex topics effectively to a wide range of audiences
We are a distributed team with two office locations in Amsterdam and London and multiple warehouse locations. Our team can choose to work from our offices as much or as little as they’d like. We don’t expect people to come in as a norm but if it makes sense to do so (team onsites, monthly meetings etc), then we’d encourage it.
We work hard to create a working culture of inclusion for our team working from office and home locations so whether you need to be at home for school pickups or want to spend time together with your co-workers we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
Our perks and benefits:
* 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
* Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4pm)
* We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can trade a bank holiday day off and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
* Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
* Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
* Personal Development Budget
* Enhanced Family Friendly Policy
* Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension Contribution
* Discounts on our blooms!
* Lunch & Learns
* Bloom & Go Wild trips
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, inclusive and scale-up culture and those who choose to come into the office, also benefit from:
* Free snacks.
* Early finishes on Thursdays & Fridays to spend more time with each other.
* Beer, wine and soft drinks fridge.
* We’re a social bunch and love to get together to celebrate! Events include Summer & Christmas parties, post peak celebrations and team lunches.
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
* Weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content.
* Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions are celebrated.
* Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations.
* Wellbeing support through our online platform, Spill, which offers online therapy sessions.
*New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely.
* Peak Treats to support our team during our busiest times!
Our Recruitment Process
We are continuing to conduct the majority of our interview processes remotely via video. This will involve an initial chat with Shannon, our Senior Talent Associate, followed by various opportunities to meet with the product and tech teams.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.