SeedFi is a mission-driven startup dedicated to improving the financial well-being of the 100 million Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. Our mission is to help our customers realize their financial potential by providing responsible credit while helping them establish savings and improve their credit profiles Unlike most startups in this space, which tweak existing products, we're re-imagining financial services from the ground up. Our goal is to leave our customers better off than when we found them.
About the Role
As a Product Manager for SeedFi, you'll get to dig into every facet of our lending business– from consumer experience and design experiments to APIs and vendor integrations to product growth and building-for-scale. A successful PM will flex between analytical problem-solving, project execution, and strategic roadmapping.
This position is to lead the Platform team, which is in charge of building the core software that the rest of the company runs on. We’ve built our own Loan Management System, which interacts with a third-party decisioning engine, two issuing banks, multiple payment processors, our customer-facing and servicing modules, and a whole lot of reporting infrastructure. As we grow and add products, the platform evolves to add new features and improve the performance of our existing portfolio.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years experience as a product manager on a technical product.
- A love of understanding, building and optimizing systems.
- Deep understanding and passion for platform systems and APIs.
- Sincere ambition to improve financial health for struggling Americans and strong appreciation for the customer experience.
- An analyst at heart: ruthless problem-solving and an obsession with optimization.
- Ability to distill unstructured problems into concrete action items.
- Familiarity with SQL, and ability to quickly pick up new analytical tools.
We’re entering a high-growth phase of our business and this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we scale our initial products and build new financial products from scratch. Our product ambitions are endless. Our team is small and ships quickly. Come help us build something great.
- Competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- A focus on transparency. We have regular all-hands and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with our co-founders about our roadmap.
- Meaningful work that makes people's lives better.
- An inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages agency and self-development.
- Our founding team has deep experience building and scaling fintech (and tech) companies from inception to profitable 1,000+ person businesses. Some of the companies we have helped build are: Oportun, Moat, and Prosper.
- Our engineering team comes from Moat, Bloomberg, ZocDoc, CreditKarma, Chime, and other great companies.
- We've raised $34 million of venture capital from some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital and social impact funds including a16z, Flourish, and Core Innovation Capital.
We have offices in San Francisco and New York. We have started to reintegrate in-office time into our working routines with a long-term vision of creating a hybrid working environment that mixes in-office and remote time. Our goal is to utilize in-office time to effectively collaborate on complex projects and problems, build relationships across the organization, and engage in social activities. We also want to embrace the efficiency and effectiveness we have experienced over the last year and a half in getting individual contributor work done remotely. Specific working routines may vary depending on your role.