Creative Production and Promotion sits at the intersection of the consumer experience and the Netflix Studio. Our team is integral to making the Netflix experience feel personal and relevant by developing innovative approaches to how we promote, localize and release content. Because our products touch both members and content creators, we seek someone who can fluidly move among both worlds, applying strong product principles and strategic frameworks to the member experience, while deeply empathizing with the art and craft required to create great content. An ideal candidate is someone who is forward-thinking, future-oriented, and practically-minded.
We localize our product to over 35 languages. As the Product Manager leading our localization efforts, your job will be to make Netflix and our content feel local for our members around the world. You will lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and linguists to push the boundaries for our localization experiences. A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways and the boldness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of creativity and analytic skills, and exceptional organizational influence.
About This Role
This position operates at a senior level, owning critical decisions and progress in this domain. Some of the questions this leader will work through:
- How do we make the Netflix experience culturally relevant in every language we support?
- How do we empower teams across Netflix to self-service their localization needs?
- How do we localize our titles and promotional content?
At Netflix, our product team is small, so you will have the opportunity to make a big impact, and our unique culture
drives our approach to innovation.
- Collaborate on the vision and strategy for Localization at Netflix.
- Lead the formation of an experimentation strategy alongside Data Science and Algorithm teams.
- Work with teams around the globe to roll out products to our talent, the studio, and partners.
- Lead cross-functional teams including design, engineering, and data science to discover and execute opportunities.
- Communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization.
What We’re Looking For
- Proven record of successfully launching global products or platforms.
- Experience with machine learning, algorithms, and experimentation.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience with localization and translation is a plus
- Ability to mobilize the entire organization towards a common goal.
- A rigorous approach to developing strategy and execution.
- Demonstrated understanding of good UX.
- Ability to prioritize well and articulate your plan across business functions and geographies.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead designers and engineers.