Who we are:
Wise Systems builds autonomous dispatching and routing software that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve both fleet efficiency and customer service. At Wise Systems, we believe that companies don’t have to sacrifice efficiency to dramatically improve their customer service, and we’ve built the platform to transform delivery operations.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is growing rapidly, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow we’re excited to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and usable products, we need you.
What We Are Looking For:
Wise Systems is looking for a product manager to understand our internal customers' problems and needs and work to ensure that our product meets them.
This Product Manager will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of the platform tools that enable internal teams to interact efficiently with the product & product data. They are passionate about seeing your coworkers’ day-to-day grow more efficient and satisfied interacting with different parts of the product, from data ingestion pipelines to observability monitoring to data querying tools. You have experience working with highly technical & complex backend products and translating that into simple internal interfaces.
Product Managers at Wise Systems will work with various internal stakeholders and customers, conduct market research, generate product requirements, and communicate specifications collaboratively with the technical team. They will work with the technical and design team to direct the user experience within the product to ensure a holistic cross-platform experience. They will generate product roadmaps, construct the value propositions and rally the team around meeting deadlines. They will also work with the marketing and sales teams to coordinate and communicate product and feature releases where applicable.
- Treat your colleagues as customers and lead discovery activities to understand their needs and the opportunities to improve their work with your product
- Generate specifications for product features; typically in the form of product requirement documents (“PRDs”)
- Create and coordinate roadmaps and timelines with the product team
- Construct value propositions for the key features
- Be responsible for collaboratively helping the team meet product deadlines and goals
- Communicate product feature updates and releases to customers
- 3+ years product management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in technical language and details
- Experience with organizational management
- Attention to detail
- SQL or Python a plus
- Prior experience or interest in logistics a plus
- Some coding experience a plus
- You have a disciplined and focused approach to solving problems
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration, and partnership with your peers in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture
- You challenge yourself in coming up with creative solutions
- You are goal-oriented, a quick learner, a self-starter, and a problem solver
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.