HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy! Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities! When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximise returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision here!
Where & How We Work
At HappyCo we work in a multitude of ways depending on where we are and what is going on in our lives. Whether that be fully remote or hybrid remote, or in-office sometimes, we cater for everyone!
We currently have an office in Adelaide, Australia but our team is currently spread across Australia, United States, New Zealand, Canada and we are growing rapidly!
As our HQ is in Adelaide, so if you are based there you have the option of working in the office, at home or in a hybrid capacity! For those in other states, we enable complete remote working!
Being globally distributed means thinking about other time zones and to support this we offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your day around core working hours. There might be some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5, but we aim to work asynchronously as much as possible.
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page and our careers page!
We’re looking for a motivated, experienced Product Manager to join our team. This role can be in office or hybrid if you are based in Adelaide, or 100% remote and based out of anywhere in Australia.
As a Product Manager, you are passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and reliable leader and a creative problem-solver. If you’re also confident and have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work, we’d like to meet you.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience in the US multifamily industry
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create the product vision for product features you own and generate buy-in from internal and with key external partners
- Create and translate product strategy into detailed requirements
- Perform and collate research, synthesise and provide recommendations based on insights
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with product managers, engineering and design teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with marketing, sales and customer success teams and executives
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research in collaboration with UX Researchers and Designers
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company’s vision
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 6+ years of proven work experience in software product management or similar role
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Deep understanding of methodologies and frameworks to research users and user behaviour and segmentation
- Experience working with user analytics tools to understand behavioural trends and derive actions and decisions based on data
- Proven ability to research and develop product strategies and lead their delivery and implementation
- Ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire teams and customers about HappyCo’s product offering
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with Engineers, Designers, Marketing and Customer Success teams
- Proven experience working successfully in a remote environment
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years B2B SaaS Product Management experience
- Experience with Residential Real Estate or the Mortgage Lending industry
Working at HappyCo:
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor
Also some of the added benefits
you’ll experience while working at HappyCo are:
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the Proptech industry
- Paid parental leave policy
- Flexible hours and work environments to help you best maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Monthly stipend to support expenses related to health and wellbeing, such as gym membership, fitness classes, etc.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.