Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Type of Employee
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the United States or Canada #LI-Remote
About the Role
Matterport is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the platform team to shape the future of how Matterport’s platform is used by external developers. Offering the Matterport platform as an external product is a key pillar of our company strategy and this role will define and drive this critical area.
This role is a management position and in addition to being responsible for our core platform strategy for developers will also manage the Matterport developer experiences team responsible for developer programs and engagement.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director, Product Management for Platform, and will collaborate heavily with the developer experience/relations, developer marketing and cross-functional engineering teams.
What you will do
- Own the strategy, prioritization, roadmap and delivery for Matterport’s developer tools
- Oversee the overall developer experience including the developer portal, developer community and other developer outreach programs
- Develop strategies for developer products that will drive outcomes and growth acceleration for Matterport’s platform
- Identify the desired developer audience and personas and deeply understand their needs
- Learn Matterport’s products and architecture and devise ways to open it externally in new and innovative ways
- Partner with business development on opportunities to accelerate platform usage and growth
- Own monetization strategies for developer access
- Work with architecture and engineering to specify and manage features and capabilities from concept to launch
- Be the user champion and subject matter expert (internally and externally) for your product
- Use metrics, qualitative feedback, and other data to learn about user needs and inform product improvements
- Provide product guidance and input to an agile development team
Who you are
- 10 years of product management experience preferably in a product for a technical audience
- Team lead and/or people management experience is a plus
- Experience owning developer focused products
- Computer science degree and/or background as a software engineer or architect preferred.
- Ownership of a broad complex product area with multiple products and projects
- Analytical rigor in evaluating and prioritizing projects and roadmap items
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion in an agile environment with minimal guidance
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to influence others in cross-functional teams
- An entrepreneurial drive with a bias for action
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act