At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring world-class Machine Learning to every product and customer experience. Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Store when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform
. In pursuit of bringing ML to every production application, we have since brought the leading commercial feature store to market and built the most popular open-source feature store.
We are funded by Sequoia Capital and Andreessen Horowitz and have a fast-growing team that works out of SF, NYC, and remotely. Our team has years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Twitter, and Quora, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.
Tecton is looking for a Product Designer who loves designing for technical users. Our team designs workflows, visualization dashboards, interactive notebooks, etc. all to help teams bring cutting-edge machine learning to their businesses. At Tecton, you have the opportunity to change how ML systems get built. The next generation of ML systems will enable more people to collaborate in managing data, developing features, and shipping models than ever before.
- Deliver workflows and user journeys map that accurately describes our customers’ (data scientists and ML engineers) user goals and usage patterns
- Design and build mock-ups and prototypes, with the goal of bringing ideas to life, and setting up a shared product vision for the team
- Identify UX opportunities and gaps in the product, and drive prioritization alongside product managers and engineers
- Gather UX feedback, both directly from customers and indirectly through the sales and support teams.
- Establish a UX-aware culture in the product team through advocacy and feedback
- Ensure designs are properly implemented through close coordination with engineering
- User-empathy: See problems and solutions through the eyes of the potential user – their motivations, their information context, their constraints.
- Prototyping: Uses prototypes to test the validity of ideas, and to communicate product visions. Helps the team see how something would work (or why it wouldn’t.)
- Polished Communication: Able to clearly, articulately, and succinctly communicate, whether in verbal, written, or visual form. Through communicating the design and vision will inspire the team to do great work.
- Openness to criticism and ideas: Eager to solicit feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- 5+ years of experience in designing & shipping B2B software products, with a focus on interaction design on the web (user journeys, interactive prototypes, and workflows.)
- Experience working with web design prototyping tools, e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
- Experience collaborating and working closely with Product Managers and Engineers
- Experience designing developer products, either as internal tools or as SaaS products
- Startup Experience
- Experience in UX Research and Data Visualization