We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
The TravelPerk Product Design team is looking for its next top hire. If you consider yourself an autonomous Product Designer who has worked on SaaS products for at least three years, and keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, read on…
In TravelPerk, we work in “squads” which are small, autonomous teams made up of full-stack engineers, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer. As a Product Designer, you will be expected to own design end-to-end within your squad while contributing to the wider design team and product functions within TravelPerk.
As our new Product Designer, you will work within a squad in our *Post-booking Tribe*. Your primary role will be designing delightful experiences for our travellers after they’ve made a booking on the platform. You will ensure that any disruption on their trip can be solved smoothly, whether their flight is cancelled, they need to exchange their train tickets or when checking into their hotel.
But that’s not all…We are looking for someone who will break squad boundaries. This means that you should also be comfortable taking ownership of and driving forward a complementary specialism(s) as well as having a wider impact across teams.
This role can be based from our Barcelona hub and requires you to be in the office once per week, or four times per month.
What you’ll do:
Within your squad, we expect that you are confident in the following:
- Developing a partnership with your Product Manager to fully understand customer needs and business value, challenging each other to raise the bar for your product area
- Working with our in-house Researcher to co-ordinate and run usability tests, discovery sessions, contextual analyses plus any other relevant research required to better understand the problems that our customers are faced with, identifying ways to uncover opportunities
- Working with our data team to interrogate various data sources to uncover relevant quantitative insights
- Ideating quickly and effectively with your squad, favouring communication and collaboration over ping-ponging via tools
- Understanding technical constraints and opportunities through a fundamental understanding of web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS, APIs) allowing you to communicate ideas effectively with engineers and fellow designers
- Working with our in-house Content Design team to ensure that the product follows the style guide and is effectively localize
- Working with, and contributing to the Product Design System
- Continuously optimizing the design process in your squad and across the wider team
- Testing and optimizing low–high fidelity prototypes with key stakeholders and customers to iteratively validate that we are solving the right problems
- Driving a mobile-first mindset in your squad and beyond
- Mentoring and supporting fellow designers, bringing your unique skill-set and continually raising the bar of the team and our products
- Influencing and supporting the growth of the team through hiring, networking, and sourcing future team members
What you’ll need:
- Strong experience of working for a SaaS product. Travel industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Good understanding of technology and user experience design, both for web and mobile
- Have a solid grasp of User Experience and Visual Design fundamentals
- Experience working with Sketch or Figma
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written). You are comfortable presenting ideas to multiple stakeholders and articulately defending design decisions
- Ability to influence product roadmaps, working alongside Product Managers and Engineers
- Advocating for and rolling out Design Systems
- Regular interaction with customers and prospects to understand the problem space
- A positive and proactive team player who can help to elevate us
- English language skills to a professional level, both writing and speaking
Why you'll love our team
- We are a team of 30 talented Product Designers, Content Designers and Researchers. We like to think of ourselves as high-achievers, goal-oriented, and eager to learn and grow. We foster efficiency through autonomy and creativity through collaboration
- Working in the Product Design team will ensure high-quality design, strategic impact on the product and next-level GIFs 😎
- In the Product Design team, you will find a strong culture of ownership, impact-over-effort and lending support to each other, there are no egos and transparency is highly valued
- We are a heterogeneous team with multiple nationalities and backgrounds, pushing for getting better, having fun and always asking why (of course)
- In the next 12 months, we have the challenge to grow our team to almost double its current size, supporting every squad while also scaling our Content and Research functions
Wanna know more? You can always find us at travelperk.design
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for business account to continue your development
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Do not forget to submit an updated portfolio.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.