The Netflix Experience Design Team (XD) is responsible for the design of all Netflix products across web, mobile and television screens. Our mission is to push the Netflix experience beyond what’s expected by crafting designs that make our members happy and measurably move the business forward.
Help & Support is a part of our Consumer Foundations design team. We enable a safe, trustworthy, and seamless experience so that consumers get the most value from Netflix. We do this through a mix of feature and platform work across Identity & Security, Messaging Ecosystem, Account Management, and of course Help & Support.
Within Help & Support, we focus on meeting users where they are and reducing customer frustration. This role will address top member pain points like streaming errors by increasing clarity and streamlining troubleshooting, as well as improving Help Center with personalized information and even multi-step guided flows. We’re also beginning to explore exciting innovation opportunities like leveraging secondary devices to help deliver context and troubleshooting instructions. So we need a lead designer that can help push us forward and look at H&S differently than most companies do.
If you have the ability to look across complex, multi-device journeys holistically while keeping an empathetic, user-centered approach, let’s talk.
We at Netflix XD value:
- A highly collaborative mindset with other designers and your partners in Product Management and Engineering
- True customer-centricity and advocacy, working with Research and Data Science to gain a deep understanding of the user and their needs
- Skilled communicators who would rather share too often than not enough
- Giving and receiving feedback; this is a culture built on candor
- Being highly skilled but ego-free
Top 3 must-haves:
- You consider the user’s experience beyond the point you’re designing, leveraging methods like journey mapping and storyboarding. Accounting for complexities like device handoffs and varying levels of security settings will be key to the future of H&S.
- You’re a natural collaborator, but also a design leader with a clear point of view. You default to close partnership and stay open to others’ perspectives, but can also push back when needed, contributing at the strategic level rather than focusing only on execution.
- You’re a generalist that can lead design through all phases of a project. As the sole designer in this space you’ll need both a deep UX toolkit and a strong visual design sense.
The right person for this role…
- Leads with empathy and advocates for the user, especially in their most stressful and painful moments
- Is excited about influencing and setting strategy for the business while partnering closely with cross-functional leaders
- Comfort with the technical intricacies and challenges within the space, and can push for innovation that extends the type of impact we can make
- Leverages qualitative insights to ensure the user’s perspective is represented, and that data tells an important part of the story, not the entire story
- Has experience with using A/B testing and experimentation to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated expertise in designing for a large, diverse, global audience
- Nice to have: Experience or familiarity with Help/Support experiences, handoffs across multiple devices, consumer products, enterprise tooling
We’d love to see your work! Applicants should provide a link & password to their portfolio/work samples for consideration.
Does this sound interesting but overwhelming? Please don’t self-select out; let’s figure it out together. We’d love to talk to you!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds more substantial teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.