At Flatfile, we're creating beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We're automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
We design products that help simplify the complex and unpredictable world of onboarding data. It is our mission to set the standard for what a good data import experience is, and we are extremely motivated by this challenge. We believe that by removing the friction in importing data, we can accelerate human innovation.
As a Designer at Flatfile, you'll lead the customer experience for a core pillar of the business, providing elegant and simple solutions to the complex problems that can arise during the data onboarding process. You'll report to the Head of Design and work with peers across Product, Engineering, and Marketing, advocating for a user with a specific needs and goals all the way from initial ideation through to implementation.
What you'll do
- Work with other designers and engineers to see projects from inception to completion
- Source feedback from users and team members to inform design decisions
- Participate in research to better understand customer problems and inform product decisions
- Provide complete, high fidelity prototypes to support the planning and development of our core products
- Balance the needs of the users with the business and product teams
- Work with visual designers to determine the visual strategy for product areas and drive consensus between teams
- Provide and solicit feedback from designers and other team members
What you'll bring
- 3+ years working on complex, product-driven web applications and/or enterprise software as a designer
- Expertise designing for desktop or web applications, creating and organizing components
- Experience working in a product-driven organization
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Salary: $110,000 - $140,000 annually
Equity: this role is eligible to participate in Flatfile's equity plan
Reasons you’ll love working here
*Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
*401k match. 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
*Equity options for all full-time employees
*100% remote work environment
*Unlimited paid time off, with a recommended minimum of 3 weeks
*$10,000 home office makeover with personal access to an interior designer
*$150 per month toward cell phone and wifi
*The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top-of-the-line hardware.
*24/7 access to a Health Advocate & free annual membership to One Medical
*12 weeks of paid family leave
*And much more!
Flatfile believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company. As such, Flatfile is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people from all walks of life; we do not discriminate based on race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we are invested in growth that empowers everyone to succeed.