Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Product Design team is composed of several teams that work together to help define, create, and deliver all user-facing aspects of the Stripe brand and product. Product Designers are strategic partners to Engineering and Product Management within a dedicated product area. In partnership with the product team, they help define the user-facing experiences our users encounter on Stripe products, then translate that thinking into a complete experience that can be tested, shipped, and refined. They are responsible for creating well-functioning and beautiful products and experiences that users love and are eager to recommend to others.
What you’ll do
Areas you could work on
Consumer Products - Design and grow Link, our recently-launched 1-click payment solution. Design new value props from 0 to 1
- Specialize in consumer products, and build deep understanding of all participants in our ecosystem: consumers, merchants, platforms, and more
- Work in highly collaborative fashion with product managers, engineers, sales, and UX research to define both long-term strategy and short-term tactics
- Design early product concepts and partner with UX researchers to quickly field test concepts with end users
- Contribute to product growth through experimentation and optimization of existing user journeys
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, clear deliverables
- Develop and expand product design systems in collaboration with other designers
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and leadership teams
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 4+ years relevant product design experience
- Experience building consumer products, where fit, finish, and delight are competitive advantages
- Comfortability executing with core product design skill sets: visual design, prototyping, interaction design, and information architecture
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect
- Value working with a diverse group of people with different perspectives and expertise.
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Are committed to building a sustainable and scalable business by balancing merchant needs, user needs, and business needs