Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021
and Forbes Cloud 100 2020
, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups
, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups
, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces
, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work
We’re looking for a Product Designer to lead designs on our Core Product team. You will be responsible for pushing Front’s user experience to the next level making the product feel simple, easy to use and understandable. You’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, user researchers, and other partners to identify user goals, set design strategy, and support an evolving customer-centered product development process. We are looking for a strong communicator who enjoys solving complex problems and works well in a small, cross-functional dynamic team.
What will you be doing?
- Set design strategy for the team focusing on customer needs and long term opportunities
- Design and communicate your vision to the team using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Design product experiences across various platforms including web, desktop, and mobile and contribute to the design system
- Define project requirements in collaboration with Product Managers and Engineers
- Be a user advocate in product decisions with cross-functional peers during tradeoff, timeline, and experience discussions
- Impact business goals through effective and efficient development of design solutions
- Participate and shape the design team’s culture
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience building and shipping world-class products across various platforms
- A portfolio of design projects that shows an understanding of product strategy, design process and strong craft skills
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Collaborative approach and belief that the best products are built through a partnership with Product, Design, and Engineering
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your design decisions and how they relate to the problem you’re solving
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for solving their collaboration problems
- Experience mentoring, leading or working closely with other designers
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.