At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
We're seeking a Product Design Intern to join our Clinician experience team for five to six months. You’ll be working within a team that focuses on driving product-led growth across our platform, where you’ll get the opportunity to plan, build, and launch design improvements that directly impact the business and our practitioners’ experiences.
Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to develop their design craft (product design, interaction design, and visual design) through a full project lifecycle. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working in a data-informed and highly-collaborative environment, as you’ll need to learn new tools/ techniques quickly and maintain a fail-fast, fail-often mentality. We value multidisciplinary designers that are passionate about exploring and broadening their overall skill set, and while you’ll get to wear different hats throughout the project lifecycle, being a great problem-solver, design-thinker, and taking ownership is key to success in this role.
Some examples of project work you might do include:
- Assisting with crafting research plans and participating in customer interviews
- Teaming up with the growth team to design and test experiments
- Analyzing data trends on existing product areas to reveal insights and identify opportunities
- Working with designers and the design systems team to update user interfaces to deliver a more delightful experience to customers
This is a paid internship that is remote and will require a full 40 hours per week. We sometimes meet at our Santa Monica office for workshops and events, but it isn’t required.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing areas of the product
- Craft flows, interactions, and prototypes using a broad range of design skills (content, product, graphic design) and tools to test out experimental ideas
- Conduct user research to inform discovery and validation, like data mining, competitive audits, surveys, and usability testing
- Collaborate across different areas of our product ecosystem with different teams like product managers, engineering, marketing, and content
- Work with a variety of testing tools and design methods to quickly implement experiment ideas
- Solicit and incorporate feedback from your peers through a variety of critique channels
- Communicate insights and learnings from experiments
Desired Skills & Experience
- A portfolio or a case study link to your best project demonstrating creative problem solving, usable, useful, and delightful product experiences
- Passionate about working on onboarding experiences and supporting users through complex workflows
- Has a foundation in product, UX, interaction, or visual design
- Comfortable finding, pulling, and analyzing data to make informed decisions
- Strong writing skills
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that values strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and accountability
- Proficiency with Figma (or similar design tools)
- Currently pursuing or completed a degree program/certificate in Interaction Design, Human-computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Computer Science, or related fields
- Skills in Content Design, UX Writing, Information Architecture, or related field
- Skills in Graphic Design or Illustration
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).