Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Product Design Director in our Growth group, you'll help lead design, strategy and vision across several teams at Roblox. We are looking for a design leader to work with VP of Design, design leadership, and cross-functional leaders and teams to build and grow the design team of the Growth group, which covers diverse areas such as Identity & Accounts, Personalization, Notifications and experiment platforms, all of which help drive the incredible growth of our business.
You'll be involved in defining UX strategy, future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and resource allocation - while assuming direct people management responsibilities to grow the skills of individual Designers and hire new world-class Designers to keep pace with a cross-functional growing organization.
- Work with product director/VP and engineering director/VP to lead strategy and execution for the Growth group
- Collaborate across design leadership (reports to VP of design) to build cohesion and consistency in our cross-group design strategy and systems.
- Work across directors of PM and engineering for other product development groups to understand and synthesize strategy.
- Experienced with 10+ years of professional work experience in a design leadership capacity with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- Practiced in designing consumer applications in games, entertainment, social media or related industries
- Able to operate in a metrics-driven environment
- A people manager who will grow a team of product designers and managers by setting crisp goals, evolving our design practice, building team culture, and a leader who guides the team to best possible solution
- A Leader who thrives on cross-functional collaboration, and works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- Collaborative and must excel in communicating with engineers, product managers and executives
- Well versed in the development lifecycle, can navigate engineering environments and identify dependencies across feature areas
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects.
- Excellent Communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals with an ability to convey complex ideas to the team and partners.
- A Problem Solver who has a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- A Cross-Functional Expert who will use your leadership methodologies, and design skills to bring a user-centered point of view to growth and consumer-focused projects.
- Collaborative and excited about building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management
- Motivated and is constantly building upon expertise with different tools, platforms and methodologies
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass