About Cognite and Cogniters
The Product team is the team responsible for developing Cognite Data Fusion as a robust and scalable platform for solving industrial data problems at Cognite. The industrial data problem is at the heart of transforming asset-intensive industries to be safer, more sustainable and more profitable. Cognite’s Cognite Data Fusion makes the operational data available at scale and adds value to the data through data processing. This enables asset-intensive industries to make data-driven decisions. Our platform is built on many different technologies, each good at solving various challenges.
To build the best possible product, we believe in autonomous teams with developers, designers and product managers working closely together. The Cognite Product Design Team makes an extreme impact on Cognite and our products. Our team is literally the team taking Cognite everywhere, because we are everywhere. We use the latest technologies ☁️ and work closely with end users to iterate quickly towards better product experiences 💻. That means that our users have the best data quality possible and ensure better insights for the user through data science and physical process modeling. Usability and accessibility are of importance. And as a team we are spread across two regions, primarily in Norway while growing in the U.S. It’s an exciting time to join Cognite as we are helping define how data can play a key role in transforming the industrial landscape. From a design perspective, it’s rare when you can say you played a part in establishing user expectations across an entire industry.
This role is a hybrid role based our of our office in Austin, Texas.
A typical day as a Cogniter will contain the following tasks & responsibilities
- Identify the right problems to solve, gauge the usability of products, and make sound recommendations for improvements.
- Clearly understand and articulate the information architecture, workflows, and processes surrounding the CDF user experience.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate design intent effectively.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team that includes other user experience designers, developers, product and marketing managers, and other stakeholders through all phases of the development cycle.
- Mentor, coach, and build standards & methodology for accelerating Product delivery.
We believe most of these should match you and your experience
- You want to define and maintain the visual aesthetic for the Cognite Platform.
- You like collaborating across teams and feel comfortable explaining your ideas and process to others.
- You're excited about working on a local and global team of designers, researchers, and developers.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in interaction design, visual design, human-computer interaction, human factors, computer science, or a closely related area or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of art direction, visual design, identity, storytelling, and branding experience within software development.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and team mentorship skills.
- A portfolio that encapsulates the two bullets above.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Figma and other related design tools(e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
A snapshot of our many perks and benefits as a Cogniter
- Competitive Compensation including base plus bonus
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- 18 Company Holidays including the week between Christmas & New Years
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
- Join a team of 70 different nationalities 🌐 with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) in focus 🤝.
- A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organization, follow us on Instagram @cognitedata 📷 to know more
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
- Join our HUB 🗣️ to be part of the conversation directly with Cogniters and our partners.
- Paid mobile phone and WiFI
- A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot 🐶!
Cognite is a global industrial SaaS company that was established with one clear vision: to rapidly empower industrial companies with contextualized, trustworthy, and accessible data to help drive the full-scale digital transformation of asset-heavy industries around the world. Our core Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion™, enables industrial data and domain users to collaborate quickly and safely to develop, operationalize, and scale industrial AI solutions and applications to deliver both profitability and sustainability. Visit us at www.cognite.com and follow us on Twitter @CogniteData or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cognitedata
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.