•3+ years experience designing high-quality creative concepts and is comfortable working in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
•2+ years experience video editing and is comfortable working in Premiere
•1+ years experience with motion graphics and is comfortable working in After Effects
•Experience with direct response marketing and creating ad content for paid social (Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.)
•Knowledge of current creative trends within the user acquisition space
•The ability to prioritize creative performance when designing new campaigns
•Strong understanding of file types, codecs, and compression
•The ability to work independently while managing multiple projects
•Willingness to dive into campaign performance data and interpret results
•The ability to learn new design tools quickly as needed
•Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to find ways to executive on ideas with limited resources or design constraints
•Experience with creative automation
•Experience designing ad creative for mobile apps
About the job
After growing revenue 112% in 2020 despite the pandemic, we’re gearing up for hyper-growth in 2021. Paid marketing is going to be one of the biggest levers for that growth, so we’re looking for a world-class Marketing Designer who can design and produce the ads that will help us acquire millions of new users.
As a Marketing Designer, you’ll work closely with our User Acquisition team to come up with and launch new ad concepts, collaborate with our product team to figure out which value propositions we should be putting forward in the app, and play a central role in Hopper’s overall marketing strategy.
If you love coming up with new creative ideas for performance marketing ads and using your design, animation, and video editing skills to bring them to life in a fast-paced environment; prefer to test multiple ideas quickly and learn from campaign results rather than spending several weeks making an untested project pixel perfect; or you're motivated by seeing your creatives perform well, not just by how aesthetically pleasing they are, then this role is for you!
- Conceptualize and execute on the design and production of original video and static ad ideas for millions of dollars in marketing spend
- Iterate on and improve performance of top-performing ad concepts and create new, ready-to-launch ad creatives each week
- Support the design and creation of landing pages, in-app screens, and other marketing-related materials
- Help drive our creative strategy on Hopper’s marketing as a whole
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B
. The company’s valuation has more than doubled since early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
- The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!