We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here.
On the frontier of design
We're moving into uncharted territory with brand new design challenges around chat, UI, brand, ToV and applied machine learning that you can't just look up the answer to.
We're scaling our ambition and marketing into the USA. And of course, we’re solving real money problems that have a huge and tangible effect on our customers.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
We're looking for a Lead Visual Designer to help launch our internal Cleo Studio. Focusing on scaling and evolving our brand marketing output, and delivering a vibrant and coherent experience from the moment customers discover Cleo to having their first conversation with her.
You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with product, marketing, brand, animation and interaction.
What you’ll be doing
This role will involve hands-on design work as part of the Cleo Studio but you’ll also get the chance to mentor and develop a team of visual and marketing designers as we scale the Studio’s output. You will be;
- Constantly evolving the brand design of Cleo and the Cleo card, as well as working with partners to make it a reality.
- Partnering with Head of Brand to develop a brand vision for Cleo, as well as the artefacts to support it.
- Expanding, illustrating and animating the live site.
- Partnering with Product Design Leads and Design Ops to ensure the brand lives on in the live product.
- Co-creating guidelines and governance for all brand marketing output.
- Supporting marketing campaigns, with our marketing designers — across social, influencer, PR and paid.
- Pushing and evolving Cleo’s physical presence be it, merchandise, work swag and events we’re thinking big — Cleo the label!
- Pushing our visual design language constantly to the next level.
You’ll be part of the design team at Cleo, so you’ll need to work closely with other teams to frame problems and help them to create quality creative output.
We use Figma for all our UI work, Webflow for live site creation, Adobe After Effects & Lottie for animations and Adobe Illustrator for illustrations (obvs). However, we’re quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to introduce and adopt what you’ve used before to take things to the next level!
- You’re ideally 5+ years into your design career, but more importantly, can demonstrate making an impact through design. You'll ideally have some direct line management experience or experience mentoring more junior designers (we also are open to hiring for this role with no line management responsibilities if you’d prefer to be fully hands-on!))
- You’ve worked both Agency and Product side in your career, and committed global rebrands.
- You’re used to working in squads with creatives, copywriters and social media managers
- Animation, illustration, no-code tools and video editing are your favourite topics of conversation
- You’ve partnered to deliver world-class branding for digital products — at scale
- You’ve created and developed brand, content, style and visual guidelines many times before
- You’re an impact-driven, problem solver. You’re constantly thinking up ways to deliver great creative faster every time
- You’re driven to create healthier and happier outcomes for our customers and understand that means they know why we matter
- You’re used to working closely with developers and other designers
- Familiar with design systems, web development and brand experience
- Capable of bringing people together, re-braniestablishing clarity and shared understanding
- Passionate about pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design
- A strong communicator, presenter and collaborator
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Other benefits;
- 25 days of annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 2 months paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Cleo
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- And many more!
UK App access:
The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future.
Check out this page for more information.