We're looking for an experienced, customer-focused Senior PM to join our Product team, leading Wealthsimple Crypto, Wealthsimple's fastest-growing new product.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!Read our Culture Manual
and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About Wealthsimple Crypto
Wealthsimple Crypto is a mobile-first product that provides investors access to fully regulated cryptocurrency trading - the first of it’s kind in Canada. Crypto launched in September 2020 as a lean MVP, and has become our fastest growing business. We believe crypto will power many aspects of consumer finance in the future, and we’re on a mission create the most human crypto platform in Canada: a simple and secure option that demystifies crypto and makes it accessible to everyone, no matter their age, net worth, background or education.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with the Head of Crypto, product leadership, and other members of the executive team to define the Crypto product vision and strategy.
- Represent Crypto across the organization; you are the steward of the Crypto business, and a champion of the Crypto customer.
- Manage at least one other Product Manager on the Crypto team, while also owning and delivering a part of the roadmap directly.
- Become an expert in the Crypto regulatory environment; act as an advocate for the product and partner with regulators to help shape the regulatory landscape of this emerging space.
- Build a deep understanding of our Crypto systems, processes, and partners — and how they all fit together.
- Partner with other engineering teams and departments across the company (e.g. Customer Support, Operations, Marketing, Compliance and more) to evolve the Crypto product.
- Lead the team in planning, developing, and launching new Crypto experiences; in particular:
- a) Core crypto trading features.
- b) Support for new / additional cryptocurrencies.
- c) New financial instrumentations and products for crypto (e.g. lending,staking)
- d) Education that makes crypto more accessible to a diverse customer base.
- e) Pricing and business model experiments.
- f) Tooling and automation for our crypto financial operations team
- g) Infrastructure investments to ensure our platform can perform and scale (e.g., Oracle migration, best execution etc.)
- Evaluate third-party vendors and develop business cases for how we can build industry-leading experiences in the Crypto/crypto-powered space
- Support a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers, and user researchers throughout Crypto’s product lifecycle.
- Work with product design and research to identify, design, validate, and launch simple, smart, and inspiring features that reflect the needs of our customers - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Talk directly to customers to uncover problems, identify unmet needs, and validate potential solutions.
- Build dashboards, set up experiments, and analyze quantitive and qualitative data to assess the impact of what you ship, and inform what we do next.
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Wealthsimple and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
We’re looking for someone who has...
- Experience in and passion for the potential of Crypto, DeFI, & NFTs.
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping consumer products and features loved by thousands (or millions) of customers.
- A passion for talking to customers, and experience with design thinking methods (e.g. customer interviews, usability tests, and co-creation).
- A working knowledge and keen interest in the cutting edge of financial technology: blockchain, cryptocurrency, etc.
- An ability to build and launch product in a complex and rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
- Experience in and passion for building great teams, and for mentoring and managing other PMs
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product.
- A scientific method to building products. You define your riskiest product hypotheses, and design experiments to validate or invalidate them.
We’re looking for someone who is...
- Able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- a) Business model development
- b) Workflow and operational process development
- c) Mentorship and management
- d) Negotiation and advocacy with external vendors, regulatory bodies, and more
- e) Project management
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Naturally collaborative and empathetic; comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization and making sure every voice is heard.
- An empathetic leader who earns the trust and respect of their team and their peers.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.
- Curious and inquisitive. You ask “why?” a lot. Like, a lot. A lot a lot.