About BlaBlaCar Daily
We’re looking for people to join our journey on BlaBlaCar Daily. We are an independent business unit of about 15 people who are passionate about building the best short distance carpooling solution. We are actively developing and testing the product in France and Switzerland with thousands of daily carpoolers. You will join a small team of engineers at an early stage in the project.
The current project goal is to iterate quickly and take over the commuting carpooling market. Our team is composed of experienced people that have worked on successful services before. The job provides a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. We operate independently and as part of BlaBlaCar, the world’s leading carpooling platform. BlaBlaCar has been created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road.
We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
As Lead Product Manager of the BlaBlaCar Daily team, you will be the owner of the Product Vision & Strategy.
You will be the unique Product Manager of the team, and you will team up with a Product Owner, Product Designer and Product Analyst to make BlaBlaCar Daily insanely successful.
Your primary role won’t be to get things built - you will team up with a Product Owner for the ‘delivery’. Your role will be to tell us what we need to build and to get the buy-in from the team and the stakeholders.
Think of it as being the first Product Manager of a young startup. The autonomy is huge and the opportunity to be impactful is massive.
- Work closely with the BlaBlaCar Daily General Manager and Engineering Manager to lead the overall team. Think of it as a CEO, CTO, CPO trio in a young startup.
- Be the voice of our members in the team and the rest of the organization.
- Own the product vision inside all of BlaBlaCar.
- Design and execute a product strategy to reach this vision.
- Own the quarterly roadmap.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Strong analytical skills, you are comfortable with poorly defined problems and you can successfully articulate compelling solutions
- Drive to lead people who do not report to you, including in particular strong communication skills
- Fast learner able to quickly form a personal opinion, including in particular critical thinking and pragmatism
- Experience of direct people management is a nice-to-have
- Fluent in English
What we have to offer
- ? An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, Ukraine
- ? Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- ? Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- ? Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- ? People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- ? Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- ? Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- ? A fair and competitive salary package
- ?Employee Stock Ownership plan
- ?Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- ? Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- ? Parental policy
- ? Trainings and career development programs
- ?Free carpooling & ? bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- a 20 min online analytical test to evaluate your analytical skills
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with Ben Dupont, our VP Product Carpool, to deep dive into your skills & experience
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your product skills followed by a 60-min video-call with our team to present a case study
- 30 min video-call with a couple of BlaBlaCar Daily team members to discuss about your background & check the cultural fit
- a 45-min video-call with Adrien Tahon, the BlaBlaCar Daily General Manager
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.