Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
Matterport is looking for a great design leader, systems-level thinker, and visionary. Our ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean visual design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You’ll be working with our Datafication Product team to build out new ways for users to interpret data about their spaces. The role will involve establishing data visualization patterns, conceptualizing and designing new product analytic features, and exploring new ways to analyze spatial data.
You should have a passion for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to think conceptually while also focusing on crucial details. You should be comfortable presenting and articulating design reasoning with stakeholders and working through implementation details with product and engineering teams. We also want a flexible team player who knows how to work smart with constraints while advocating for excellent design standards along every step of the way.
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the United States #LI-Remote
What you will do:
- Own and drive the design strategy in the production lifecycle including forecasting, planning, scoping, resourcing, design reviews and delivery
- Interpret and visualize data in both spatial and tabular formats.
- Create, maintain and communicate project information (i.e. project plans, status reports, creative briefs, and design functionality documents) to design leaders and stakeholders
- Simultaneously lead several data-centric projects with various timelines and multiple partners
- Prioritize competing needs with creative solutions
- Schedule, manage and address cross-functional feedback and stakeholder approvals
- Predict and identify obstacles, and proactively establish meetings or integration points between teams to address and resolve them
- Partner with producers, marketers and designers to put repeatable processes in place that coordinate work across multiple teams in a consistent way
- Source and foster relationships with current and potential freelance and agency talent
Who you are:
- 8+ years of product design experience (at least 4 years designing for data visualization products specifically)
- You have a portfolio of production work that shows a diverse range of executional skills related to data visualization
- You have a deep understanding of the creative process and project management best practices
- You maintain workflows, internal reviews and schedules across multiple partners and departments
- You have a proven ability to manage work with both internal teams and agency partners
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and shown ability to actively establish trust, credibility and influence through exceptional exceptional work
- You are extremely detail oriented with extraordinary follow-through skills and an ability to bring focus during the creative process
- You are a self-starter who is resourceful and has the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- You know how to organize information quickly, and have excellent organizational, time management and presentation skills
- You are flexible and accommodate rapid change and have the demonstrated ability to learn quickly
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.