NEWNESS is the live-streaming platform built specifically for the beauty community. It’s a place where creators join in with a highly engaged community to talk about what they love--all in real time.
We’re a fun, thoughtful, and passionate and diverse team. Some of our employees are tech veterans coming from Twitch, Facebook, Google and Glossier, lending our team a unique blend of live-streaming, tech, gaming, and beauty expertise. We are a remote-by-design early-stage startup and well funded by some of the top VCs and angel investors, including Sequoia Capital, Cowboy Ventures and Upside Partnership.
NEWNESS is seeking a Head of Product to shape the future of product across the organization. You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. As NEWNESS grows, you will scale a team of compassionate product managers.
To succeed in this role, you should be a strategic and creative leader and problem-solver. You’ll work with teams across NEWNESS to ensure our roadmap is driving us toward the best possible version of our product. This role will have ownership of the product vision, strategy, principles, priorities, and evangelism as we scale and help define the future of live streaming and the creator economy.
What will you be doing at NEWNESS?
- Gaining a deep understanding of the creator and viewer experience. Identifying and fill product gaps and generating new ideas that drive growth and joy.
- Shaping and launching products that deliver the company’s product vision and strategy.
- Owning core features end-to-end, including defining product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making complex decisions, and sharing insights and results company-wide.
- Continuing to refine and iterate on current user personas.
- Defining, understanding, and improving key growth funnels and metrics.
- Analyzing feedback, metrics, and user research; taking the time to understand user needs.
- Auditing our current features. What do we do well? How could we improve?
- Cultivating trust with engineering, marketing, community, and creator acquisition teams.
- Communicating clearly with executive leadership and driving alignment.
- Hiring and leading a compassionate team of product managers as the company grows.
- 8+ years in product management (ideally with knowledge of the creator economy).
- 4+ years of leadership; managing and growing a diverse team of product managers.
- Want to own the vision of an early-stage product, and drive both growth and delight of users.
- High degree of ownership. Takes responsibility for the successes and failures, celebrates success, and appreciates the growth from failure.
- Strong product sense and empathy for our users---you may even know some personally.
- Technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and lead the team towards product-market-fit.
- Strong communication, and influence skills; able to create clarity and drive alignment.
- Has the humility to know what you can’t know, and admit what you don’t know.
- Past founder experience, or an early member of a high-growth company.
- Experience or passion around shaping the future of live-streaming, video, beauty, and the creator economy.
- Basic understanding of regulatory risk with user-generated content.
- Understanding of the financial KPIs ex. LTV of the customer.
At Newness, we pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of an employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to team meetings, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every person is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real value to our community. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Newness.