We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join the Product team at Karat
Our Product team is committed to building and executing a product vision that moves Karat's purpose, mission, and business forward, and further establishes the Interviewing Cloud.
What you will do
As the Head of Product - Interviewing Cloud at Karat, you will lead an organization that is committed to materially improving how engineers are interviewed and hired.
- Lead a team of product managers and designers through all aspects of the product life cycle including user research, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation, release planning, functional specification all the way through to customer enablement and success.
- Create a strong operational feedback loop between Karat customers, the engineering organization and the Interviewing Cloud comprised of software, interview content and interview delivery
- Own and drive the inspiring roadmap and operational excellence to optimize our engineering teams
- Connect the core KPIs of the Interviewing Cloud back to the software, interview content and delivery engines to reinforce an integrated experience for recruiters, hiring managers, candidates and Interview Engineers
- Enhance the user experience to drive interview consumption and satisfaction through client journey mapping, candidate surveys and engagement
The experience you will bring
- 12+ years of product management experience building large scale platforms. This should include firsthand experience of building category-defining, scalable products.
- 10+ years people management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to inspire, lead, recruit and retain successful product management teams.
- Proven track record of results - asks the right questions, prioritizes quickly, measures results and iterates to outperform goals
- Fierce customer advocate - emphasizes customer ROI and has a track record of creating measurable customer value
- Gravitas - has a strong executive presence and communication skills, ability to communicate business value, as well as product features/benefits and gain executive buy in
This is a full time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].
Karat is an E-Verify company.