Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 275,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
As the Head of Design at Nextdoor, you’ll design digital experiences that empower neighbors and businesses to build stronger communities that transform how people connect and engage with their local area. You’ll be responsible for the digital experiences across growth, engagement and revenue for our entire product portfolio. In this role, you’ll define and deliver new experiences across multiple platforms as well as work cross-functionally to shape the future of the Nextdoor product as we continue to grow.
The Impact You’ll Make
If you want the challenge of fast-paced growth, the satisfaction of seeing your design work come to life, and the pride in helping grow a world-class design team, this is the place for you. Please include a link to your portfolio in addition to your resume and cover letter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You’ll manage, build, mentor, and inspire several teams of Design Managers, Product Designers, Visual Designers, and Content Strategists, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- You’ll define the design process and be accountable for business outcomes
- You’ll build relationships with cross functional team members and executives and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision
- You’ll influence product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of product challenges across iOS, Android, web, mobile web, and email
- You’ll contribute to the leadership team of Nextdoor as a whole. You’ll work to up-level the entire design team through your strong skillset and work closely with Leaders in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Neighborhood Operations, HR, and the CEO to build a culture of human centered design across the organization
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- You are a skilled and experienced leader of digital design teams at top-tier firms, and you are able to show how you have raised the bar to help the team produce mobile-first design outcomes that have delighted customers and helped build the business
- You know how to recruit, hire and retain multi-disciplinary design teams -- and you have done this already in at least one organization. You have led teams of 40+ direct reports
- You have a proven track record of being an influential design leader, working with your peers to define a holistic strategy, requirements, and experiments
- You have the ability to paint a long-term vision of where we should go as a company, but also have the ability to strategically approach design through A/B testing in the short-term. You view data as inspiration and embrace North Star metrics
- You know how to accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows within the design team and cross-functional teams. You can also dive deep into the design work, and roll up your sleeves to get the designs done when necessary
- You have a proven track record of being able to balance ambiguity, fast iterative sprints, business awareness, technology, organizational agility, research and data insights, and high design quality to ship great products. You will bring 3-5 stellar examples of leading teams to design, develop, and launch great digital experiences to market
- You don’t want to stand still, you are hungry to learn about what makes neighborhoods tick around the globe as we expand our footprint
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.