Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian customers seek new ways to offer support services beyond the traditional emails and portals. They want experiences that proactively remove the mundane and celebrate a more human side to service management. That's why Atlassian is getting ready to unleash the potential of Conversational Help in Jira Service Management - turning every request into a simple conversation.
Sound interesting? Well, if you have deep customer empathy, love solving hard problems and excel at variety, this is your role! We are looking for an Experience Design Manager to join a fast-growing team. You'll foster and grow design talent, and be a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with and a sounding board when things get tough. You will also help shape the future by defining product strategy alongside product and engineering.
What you'll do
- Lead and inspire product and content designers, helping them do the best work of their lives.
- Be a strategic partner, collaborating with design leadership to guide our product vision.
- Partner with engineering and product management to define the strategy and goals for the mission.
- Steer the strategic design direction and help folks break it down into deliverable pieces.
- Lead team members in creating user-centric experiences with meaningful feedback loops.
- Encourage the use of data and research insights to test and improve user experiences.
- Set new craft quality standards across design and content creation processes.
- Help nurture and grow careers, craft mastery, work quality and team harmony.
- You'll report to the Head of Design for IT Services.
- Multiple years of experience having managed a cross-craft design team
- Have 5+ years of experience planning and then delivering user-centric experiences autonomously.
- Show great facilitation experience collaborating with other functions, like engineering and product management.
- Bring story telling to the fore.
- Develop a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners, including senior leadership.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for simple solutions and the ability to step into the customer's shoes.
- A passion for making people better by supporting and guiding a team in constructive ways that encourage, energize, and increase their quality of work.
- A hunger to learn and evolve in all aspects of design, product and leadership.
- Provide teams with mentorship, leadership, and support necessary to ensure that they're able to accomplish their goals.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.