SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and experienced Director, Product Marketing to join the SoundCloud Marketing team and actively contribute to the evolution of SoundCloud’s fan and artist offerings. In this role, you will lead a team of product marketers in collaboration with Product, Brand, PR, Engineer, Music and Audience Insights to bring new products and features to market. Your deep understanding of the music ecosystem and various audience needs will influence product roadmaps and create the product marketing strategy.
- Build a best-in-class product marketing team. Develop and mentor not only your team members but the entire SoundCloud marketing organization in terms of product marketing value and best practices.
- Own GTM planning and execution, including external and internal marketing strategy, value proposition articulation, messaging, and targeting for developing new products and features at SoundCloud.
- Partner with Growth team owners to create the channel strategy for each launch
- Actively participate in product alphas and betas to direct product and experience refinements and advocate for fan and creator needs, behaviors, and competitive considerations that must be accounted for before development begins
- Take ownership of SoundCloud’s SEO strategy and roadmap - leverage consumer search engine behaviors to inform target audience needs and through processes
- Build and execute the roadmap for creator knowledge enrichment, including educational programs and career development resources.
- Synthesize audience insights and product usage behaviors to set success metrics and product goals each release in collaboration with the larger growth and product teams and partner with Audience and Product insights team to report on outcomes
Experience and Background:
- 8+ years product marketing experience in entertainment, tech, and/or media
- You have experience in/and or have a strong understanding of the music industry landscape
- You can inform and manage product development that puts creator and fan needs at the center of SoundCloud’s marketing and product development
- You have demonstrated success developing marketing strategies using both quantitative and qualitative insights
- You have extensive experience in product and sales messaging
- You embrace challenges with critical thinking and optimism. You take accountability for your work and enthusiastically share wins and failures, both big and small
- You have experience attracting, motivating, retaining, and developing leaders and team members
- You find reward in cross-functional collaboration and success and can leverage a wide variety of influencing skills to achieve the best outcomes
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience communicating across a diverse group of stakeholders
- You have strong personal organization and project management abilities
- You have a passion for music and are excited about the opportunity to better serve fans and creators
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations for the SoundCloud Community Fund to support, and more!