Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for setting the go-to-market content and strategy for integrating new technologies and features into Verkada’s broader marketing and sales efforts across all our product verticals (video security, door access control, environmental sensors, alarms & monitoring, visitor management and deliveries, and new product verticals yet to come). This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with key stakeholders across the product, engineering, sales, and marketing organizations.
As the leader of the product marketing organization in our hyper growth startup, you will be responsible for both hiring and managing a team of PMMs who can strategically execute to successfully support each product launch all the while getting your hands dirty and executing as well!
- Develop product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging for a portfolio of products, based on user research, market insights, and product knowledge.
- Bring new products to market, taking the lead of launch strategy, planning, deliverables, timelines and more to ensure maximum revenue impact by product line.
- Build and maintain the core backbone of all product collateral and content that power our GTM channels including demand generation, sales, channel partners and our website.
- Work closely with marketing brand, creative and demand-gen teams to increase market presence and drive pipeline through key outbound assets (video, webinars, thought leadership, email nurture, etc.).
- Partner with channel and sales enablement teams to effectively position our products, leveraging internal tools and developing assets that help improve win rates.
- Build, manage and support a team of product marketers, ensuring alignment between individual's strengths and business needs.
- Become a product evangelist and cross-functional leader who unites marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience (or similar).
- Strong ability to write for various audiences, including technical content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, delivering training to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience working and project managing cross-functional teams including product, engineering, sales, creative, and marketing.
- Ability to help drive and project manage creative, content and collateral efforts across the marketing organization.
- Empathetic storyteller who can translate technical features into customer benefits that resonate deeply with our target audience.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics.
- Ability to successfully manage and hire a fast paced team of highly educated, curious and ambitious PMMs.
- Strong attention to detail.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.