Do you believe design can make a difference in creating a greener future?
Cognite is an international tech company on a mission to make industries more sustainable, safe and efficient! We design digital products that control robots, make wind, solar and hydropower more efficient, and traditional energy production safer and greener. Our award-winning design team of 22 digital designers, service designers & design researchers craft groundbreaking apps that fundamentally transform how industrial work is carried out today.
Cognite believes in the power of cross-functional product teams! Achieving our mission requires a deep understanding of our users and the ability to turn those insights into thoughtfully designed products. Each product team at Cognite is led by a product manager, a tech lead and a lead designer; on equal terms collaborating on how the product should look, feel and work for the end users. We therefore need designers with strong design integrity and deep belief in human-centered design processes!
As a digital product designer you will be responsible for ensuring that Cognite builds delightful and robust products that enable end users to do their job with ease. This includes:
- Participate in the whole product design process, from insight to detailed UI design, and from initial concept phase to continuous delivery (DesignOps)
- Responsible for mapping, extracting and prioritizing user needs
- Responsible for optimising end user workflows and experiences based on identified needs
- Participate in testing and validating ideas and solutions with end users
By joining Cognite you will amongst other things receive the following:
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
- Direct impact on how we do design to tackle some of the most critical issues to create greener industries - at Cognite speaking up is an obligation to ensure we all become better every day
- A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organisation
- Flat structure with direct access to decision-makers, with minimal amount of bureaucracy
- Competitive salary and an array of benefits
- Weekly internal or external sharing and learning sessions
- Free healthy foods and drinks to keep you energised throughout the day + a heavily subsidised lunch offering in our modern canteen
- Free staffed gym and two hours work out weekly, within working hours
- Have the gear of your choice to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible doing your job
- Modern leadership style with regular follow ups
- Norwegian classes - if relocating to Norway
- Extended private health services
We are an international, diverse and continuously learning design team, always looking to improve how we work. Successful Cognite designers often have the following background when joining us:
- 3 + years of experience within digital product design, interaction design or service design
- A strong passion for design
- Motivation for solving complex problems, preferably having solved technical / domain-specific design challenges in the past
- Appreciation for the value of cross-functional work
Want to join our journey?
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader, with an eye on the future and a drive to digitalize the industrial world. We enable the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries, and we’re growing fast. We’ve won a lot of awards we’re quite proud of [link forthcoming], and we’re backed by Accel, one of the world’s leading venture capital firms.Our
core software product is Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), designed to quickly contextualize OT/IT data to develop and scale company solutions. In other words, we make data do more
. Our partners and clients use CDF to increase safety, improve sustainability, optimize efficiency, and drive revenue. Our people are our strength. We recruit from around the world, and our team is quite diverse because of it: We count over 50 nationalities throughout our three global locations. We’re talented, we’re curious, and we’re fun to be around
Cognite is a global industrial SaaS company that was established with one clear vision: to rapidly empower industrial companies with contextualized, trustworthy, and accessible data to help drive the full-scale digital transformation of asset-heavy industries around the world. Our core Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion™, enables industrial data and domain users to collaborate quickly and safely to develop, operationalize, and scale industrial AI solutions and applications to deliver both profitability and sustainability. Visit us at www.cognite.com and follow us on Twitter @CogniteData or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cognitedata
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.