We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Overview of the role:
As Customer Operations Product Manager, you will be an integral part of shaping the strategy for Tripadvisor Customer Service globally. You will report to the VP – Customer & Content Operations with a dotted line reporting to the Associate Director – Business Operations and will have frequent and significant exposure to the senior leadership across the Tripadvisor Global Operations and Tripadvisor Inc.
You will be responsible for the development and management of the Tripadvisor CS operational product pipeline to enable Tripadvisor Operations to scale efficiently whilst improving the customer experience. You will drive Tripadvisor CS product strategy through identifying, analyzing and implementing innovations that will improve operational efficiency, customer experience and reduce overall operating costs.
This is a pivotal role, as it is required to work across the business and will be the primary point of contact between Tripadvisor CS and the product, engineering and business teams. Being able to pull together all the requirements and then think about how these can be delivered to users within both the Tripadvisor business and CS technical framework.
Summary of activity;
- Through analysis identify the operational and business improvement opportunities for Tripadvisor CS and Tripadvisor Plus as well as measure, track and report
- Work with CS Management team to develop the CS and Plus Operational strategy developing a culture of continual business improvement
- Develop, manage, prioritise and communicate the project & product pipeline from Customer Support and Plus perspective.
- Effective manage the product lifecycle, working close with the Engineering delivery team to ensure timely delivery
- Collaborate across business units, vendors and product teams to identify opportunities to reduce operating costs whilst improving the customer experience.
- Understand and proactively communicate analysis of Demand Drivers, Contact Ratio, CSAT and other metrics.
- Write clear specs and user cases to support operational development and bug resolution for engineering
- Develop business cases to improve Customer Journeys across the Tripadvisor sites.
- Work with the Tripadvisor CS Management Team to develop business cases for key operational projects to be delivered by the product team.
- Act as point of contact between CS and the various business units for all process & product developments.
- Update the Tripadvisor CS operational management team by presenting analysis and business cases at the weekly product pipeline meeting.
- Work with Reporting and Analytics team to analyze trends to support product or business related initiatives.
- Understanding of the core Product Management skills: Agile Practices, communication, data science principles, process optimisation, business acumen, influence and risk taking.
- At least five years of experience in product and/or project management in e-commerce environment
- Experience in utilizing analysis to prepare business case
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering and UX/UI
- Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Proven track record of collaboration across multiple business units
- Ability to handle confidential information and adhere to established protocols.
- Strong time management/prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Team management and collaboration skills in a matrix environment
- Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
- Web-based content management Systems
- Exposure to multi-channel operations i.e. voice support, email.
- CRM/Customer Support Tools (Salesforce.com, RightNow, NetSuite, etc.)
- Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Social Media Applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with user-generated content (either personally or professionally)