Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
Matterport is seeking a talented, passionate Copywriter to join our Design Studio. This person will partner with our Design, Marketing and Business teams to help drive compelling marketing and brand communications.
The ideal candidate has a passion for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to focus on big experience initiatives at the same time as crucial details. They are comfortable presenting and articulating reasoning with stakeholders, collaborating with partners across functions, leading workstreams, and asking lots of questions.
What you will do:
- Write for branded communications including ads, emails, events collateral, landing pages, video scripts etc.
- Partner with web team to define content strategy and best practices for web pages
- Learn, maintain, and develop the Matterport voice in collaboration with others
- Write from scratch and have editorial oversight of content as needed
- Collaborate directly with marketers and designers
- Additionally partner with product on naming projects as well as web with UX needs
- Interact with customer-facing and marketing teams to understand how customers engage with our products and services and the strategic message to market.
Who you are:
- 5 or more years professional experience as a copywriter
- Strong writing, grammatical and proofreading skills with the ability to be creative
- Ability to convey complicated concepts in a simple, and understandable manner
- Ability to oscillate between storytelling to systematic writing
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Humble, ego-free attitude
- Ability to clearly articulate strategy and rationale
- Ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think long-term, but act quickly
- Comfortable managing several projects simultaneously
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act