Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies. Our creative team works across many types of initiatives at UpGuard. From building cutting-edge website interactions to creating memorable in-person experiences at live events, our team helps keep UpGuard at the forefront of its space.
Who are we looking for?
UpGuard is seeking a talented and creative Brand Designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about achieving world-class brand design and understands how to use/develop functional design systems to meet marketing objectives. This role will work closely with our creative and marketing teams to ensure our brand remains consistent across all segments of our business.
What will you accomplish?
- Execute creative work that builds upon the brand foundation through all channels including web, social media, print, email, and advertising
- Take projects from concept to completion while thoughtfully considering how the design will support company objectives and breakthrough in the marketplace
- Illustrate complex concepts into easy-to-understand, compelling graphics for our website, company resources, and video production
- Assist with building layouts and digital experiences on our website while ensuring responsive/accessible usability
- Work directly with and assist in developing component libraries to achieve the consistent and balanced brand design
- Communicate design rationale to cross-departmental teams and be able to understand and implement feedback professionally
- Stay up to speed with current design trends and best practices
What do we need from you?
- BA degree in Design, Visual Arts, or a relevant field; proven work experience may be considered.
- At least 3 years of experience in branding, graphic design, or a related field
- Exhibit a deep understanding of how a visual design system works and how it extends to all channels of brand communications
- Proficient in Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to prepare high-quality files for print production and oversee the process from start to finish
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A portfolio of previous work that demonstrates a strong sense of brand design and execution
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining creative credibility and professionalism
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work autonomously in a 100% remote environment.
- Highly inquisitive, with a low ego, you’ll be experienced with working flexibly within a global setting
What will give you an edge?
- Experience in Illustration
- Experience in Webflow
- Experience in Motion Graphics
What’s in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work on a daily basis
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being
- Generous compensation: The base salary range for this role is between $70,000 and $80,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Great perks: Monthly wellness and grocery subsidies, WFH set-up allowance, generous learning and development budget.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states for this role: WA, OR, CA, NV, and CO