"Backbone feels as first-party as you could make something that is literally not first-party feel." - TechCrunch
“The way that Backbone unifies gaming experiences across AAA iOS ports like Warzone or Minecraft, Xbox and Playstation Remote Play and now native xCloud games feels like the way of the future for mobile gaming in a way that none of the individual players… [have] managed to get right.” - TechCrunch
As one of the first Product Manager hires, you'll have the opportunity to drive the philosophy, vision, and roadmap for Backbone's core product offering at scale.
What you'll be doing
- Drive the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for Backbone's software across game experience, home, community, and content creation.
- Drive cross-functional execution to enhance the Backbone+ service. This includes everything from partnerships with major platforms to new features in the Backbone app.
- Define and own performance against key business metrics and proactively report progress against those goals to the relevant stakeholders.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, data scientists, hardware engineers to build delightful experiences at scale
What we're looking for
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- 5+ years experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 3-5+ years product management experience.
- Proven track record of shipping products from design to deployment.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding Backbone and our players
- Strong analytical ability to quickly organize and leverage data to make informed product decisions with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Sufficient technical domain expertise to drive alignment on technical requirements with devices, data science, embedded software, and more.
- Bonus: Strong experience with consumer subscription products or connected devices